Manager of Faith-Based and Community Partnerships
- Experience Level
Manager of Faith-Based and Community Partnerships; MovementForward, Inc. (MFI)
The Manager of Faith-Based and Community Partnerships will develop, coordinate, cultivate and manage MovementForward, Inc.’s (MFI) partnerships with local, state, regional and national faith-based, advocacy, service and other community organizations. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will work to substantially grow participation in organizational programming, especially its two signature initiatives “National Faith & Blue Weekend” (NFBW) and “One Congregation One Precinct” (OneCOP). The core objective of this position is to cultivate and substantially grow the collaboration of existing and new partners in organizational efforts.
- Developing and leading the implementation of a strategy to grow and deepen faith participation in organizational initiatives; initially NFBW and OneCOP; other programs as implemented
- Work closely with the CEO to build, personalize, and deepen relationships with prominent faith organizations in the Protestant, Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and other religious communities
- Collaborating closely with colleagues on planning and implementation of organizational initiatives at a national and local level
- Establishing and leading the realization of clear and ambitious benchmarks for faith participation in organizational initiatives
- Cultivating and presenting, including in-person, to faith-based institutions at all levels – national, regional, state, and local - to secure their participation in organizational programming
- Working with point people in thousands of houses of worship to support their participation
- Entering, managing, and updating data records of all faith community contacts
- Creating content directed to faith partners, including printed, digital, and presentations
- Identifying new and priority markets for growth
- Developing and leading planning for select organizational in-person and virtual events; providing ongoing support to houses of worship in their own events
- Expanding programming to provide ongoing engagement with faith partners
- Delivering training for houses of worship in how to participate in organizational programming
- As needed, speaking to digital and traditional media about organizational programming
- Engaging in other organizational activities and new initiatives as necessary, both in the focus area of faith community engagement and otherwise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum five years in faith-based or community leadership/organizing/community outreach/program development and/or campaigning
- Prior experience working in the faith community preferred
- Polished presenter, able to deliver strong presentations in person and virtually
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Must be an outstanding writer
- Self-starter and also deeply collaborative; able to work well within a small, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia (in-office, not a remote role)
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Retirement plan and health, dental, vision and life insurances
APPLY: Apply here or at firstname.lastname@example.org, include cover letter and resume
* SPECIAL NOTE:
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN “MOVEMENT” THAT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS A MISSION AND PASSION, NOT MERELY A JOB.