Manager of Strategic Communications and Social Media
- Experience Level
Manager of Strategic Communications and Social Media; MovementForward, Inc. (MFI)
The Manager of Strategic Communications and Social Media is responsible for the execution and oversight of all organizational social media platforms, traditional media outreach, and branding and market positioning for MFI and its initiatives. The core objective of this position is to grow the effectiveness and reach of MFI and the Chief Executive Officer’s media (digital and traditional) footprint. This dynamic professional will effectively serve as press secretary and social media manager to the organization and its’ CEO/founder. The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The duties include:
- Handle all external communications and media relations, including:
- Build and execute/publish a robust social media presence;
- Develop and implement a public relations plan (traditional and social) for the organization and organizational initiatives, including implementing and tracking PR efforts;
- Develop contacts in all forms of media, including newspaper, television, radio and magazines regionally and nationally;
- Write and distribute press releases, promotional materials, e-newsletters, ads, etc.;
- Create press kits and other digital assets;
- Manage press clippings and monitor media attention;
- Plan and implement press events around our initiatives, ongoing programs and special events;
- Manage event-related marketing, communications and media relations;
- Develop print and digital publications, including organizational and initiative annual reports, brochures, fact sheets, invitations and newsletters;
- Plan and execute website content and online communications strategies, including e-newsletters, social networking sites, and other e-communications;
- Develop overarching social media strategic plan to grow our list, support our initiative, increase brand awareness and deepen constituent engagement; Oversees the full lifecycle of the partnerships functions of the organization, including: related research, copywriting, partner cultivation and relationship management with local, regional, and national groups.
- Serve as emergency on-call media contact after hours and on weekends in case of rapid response needs
- Managing, copywriting, and posting/replying across all digital assets on a consistent basis
- Working closely with the CEO to expand the reach of his digital/traditional media presence; directly producing content under his name; as necessary, traveling with the CEO to manage his digital assets
- Implementing new assets to engage the full diversity of existing and nascent digital media platforms
- Producing and securing coverage of ‘traditional’ media efforts including advisories, press releases, opinion-editorials, and press conferences; work includes copywriting, copyediting, pitching, and relationship management with print, radio, and television reporters and outlets
- Managing, writing, editing, and publishing email and print newsletters
- Establishing and assuming responsibility for realizing quantitative goals in performance across all media channels, with a focus on selected target segments
- Project managing and developing content for impact, annual, and other organization reports
- Analyzing and assessing performance and translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable recommendations to improve performance
- Creating and updating visual dashboards that track progress and move the team toward the achievement of specific business objectives
- Establishing, refining, and analyzing organizational branding and market positioning
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Training and proficiency in the six relevant disciplines of strategic communications: management, marketing, public relations, technical communication, political communication, and information/digital marketing campaigns with a heavy emphasis on social media.
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, branding or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Familiarity and deep experience with the full suite of digital media channels
- At least 4 years of progressively significant professional experience in media work for an executive and organization
- Strong leadership bearing with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven success in traditional media and social media management. Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Must be an outstanding writer and strong presenter
- Self-starter; able to work well within a small, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills to effectively represent MFI, including media and public speaking experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel routinely nationally, as required.
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia (in-office, not a remote role)
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Retirement plan and health, dental, vision and life insurances
APPLY: Apply here or at firstname.lastname@example.org, include cover letter and resume.
* SPECIAL NOTE:
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN “MOVEMENT” THAT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS A MISSION AND PASSION, NOT MERELY A JOB.