Director of Donor Engagement
- Experience Level
OPPORTUNITY & ORGANIZATIONAL FIT:
redefinED atlanta's vision is for Atlanta to be a place where every student in every community receives a great K-12 public education. We accomplish this by engaging communities, advocating for equity, and funding critical work to drive systemic level improvement in K-12 public education for students and families.
The Director of Donor Engagement (DoD) position represents an exciting opportunity to join a mission-driven, committed and high-functioning team, and be part of a thriving organization and community of dedicated stakeholders who are acting with urgency to realize equity and excellence in education. We are a small, horizontal and entrepreneurial team whose energy and creativity are elevated when we work shoulder to shoulder together. We also enjoy a diverse, aligned and deeply engaged Board whose support and influence make our work better and easier.
Guided by a set of core values in which we are wholly invested, and energized by the impact and learning associated with our first four years’ work, redefinED atlanta’s team is driven and poised for growth. We are eager to extend our support to families and communities who are actively organizing and advocating for their children, and cultivate philanthropic, civic and business leaders who will raise their voices and leverage financial resources in order to increase access to great public schools in Atlanta.
The DoD will report to the Vice President of Development and strategically drive and oversee the major giving program for redefinED atlanta, which includes building a balanced portfolio that aligns our organization’s needs with prospects’ passions and financial capacity, securing the commitment, and stewarding current donors. Must be comfortable working with the executive director, vice president of development, and board of directors to co-manage relationships, assign meetings and action steps, and prepare them for prospect meetings and other solicitations.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES CRITICAL TO ROLE:
- Design and regularly revise, implement, and execute against a strategic major gifts-based development plan for individuals and corporations
- Design and execute highly customized stewardship and renewal plans to grow the engagement and investment of existing donors
- Conduct prospect research, develop meeting materials and proposals, facilitate or make solicitations
- Partner with staff and/or consultants to write appeal messages, stewardship letters, and other pieces of development collateral
- Maintain and update donor and stakeholder databases including tracking meetings, interactions, and updating contact information and donor preferences
- Oversee boutique-style donor experience stewardship and cultivation special events; contribute to team planning and execution of larger community events
SKILLS & ABILITIES WE EMBRACE ON OUR TEAM:
- Someone willing and ready to recommend changes to enhance innovation and improve progress toward goals
- Comfort and readiness to leverage existing networks in advancement of redefinED atlanta’s mission
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to handle a diverse workload, including leaning into the concept of “other duties as assigned” to support our team
- Experience working closely with Board and key volunteers and knowledge of K-12 education and/or philanthropic communities in metro Atlanta.
- Significant face to face fundraising or comparable experience
- A goal-oriented work ethic with a strong sense of responsibility for achieving results
- Ability to operate with less-than-perfect information and limited resources
- Comfort working in an autonomous environment and being self-directed and self-motivated.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff and contractors, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Furthermore, as an organization, redefinED atlanta commits to:
- Attracting and retaining staff with diverse identities, backgrounds, and lived experience in public schools and the public school system
- Further diversifying our board to include deeper lived experience and perspective from public school parents and under-resourced communities
- Creating an inclusive working culture that celebrates difference, promotes universal belonging, and fosters ongoing learning and personal growth
* * *
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume in one combined .pdf file to info@redefinEDatlanta.org. The priority application deadline is Friday, January 15.