- Position Type
- Full Time
Muslim Advocates is seeking a Development Associate to play a key role with our development team. Candidates should be thoughtful, compassionate and able to engage in successful donor interactions and strategies. Looking for strong problem-solvers and detail-oriented individuals with above-average organizational and verbal and written communication skills, who can take the initiative, multi-task, manage time wisely to meet multiple deadlines and priorities, conduct research, think creatively and be a team player. Ability to work well alone and under supervision and demonstrate a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters. Our team is based in Washington, DC. During COVID, this will be a remote position.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Associate …
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects at levels typically less than $1,000, including individuals, corporations, and/or foundations through verbal, written and other forms of direct personal contact.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation, reporting and evaluation of fundraising projects and programs, such as major donor campaigns, sponsorships, special appeals, fundraising events, and other revenue generating streams.
- Maintains, enters, updates and ensures the accuracy and integrity of donor and prospects information in Salesforce and as needed troubleshoots database issues.
- Prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Assists with the creation and finalization of mailing, e-blast and invitation lists.
- Researches information and compiles reports and dashboards on donors, identifies prospects and aligned funding interests.
- Assists with planning and implementing all in person and virtual events; provides support to various committees; works on assignment/needs for each event; assists with executing on-site and virtual electronic/technical logistics
- Assists in scheduling events and meetings with prospective funders and donors.
- Assists in creating and managing development calendars, schedules and timelines.
- Interacts with staff, development colleagues, and external constituents to ensure effective coordination of programs, projects, events and activities.
- Assists with researching, writing, editing, and overseeing the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and grammatically and syntactically correct solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience.
- Strong database skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter, and writing sample. Please click on or copy and paste the link to submit your application: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/GOCxt4dDod/Development-Associate. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates provides expert representation in the courts, the policy making process, and in the public dialogue so that American Muslims and all people can live free from discrimination. We litigate, educate, and advocate to uphold our country’s promise of equal treatment under the law for all Americans — and we get results. We are a big tent organization that recognizes the rich and full diversity of the American Muslim community in race, sex, place of birth, ability, income, education, gender identity, sexual orientation, sect of worship and level of religiosity. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org