Project Support Specialist
- Experience Level
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Mental Health America of Georgia (MHAG) is a non-profit whose mission is to enhance the mental health and wellness of Georgians through education, outreach and advocacy. We envision that all Georgians will have improved mental wellness outcomes through educating the community regarding mental health, promoting mental wellness and ensuring policies to support mental illness, health and wellness. We work to reduce suicide rates and eliminate mental health stigma to increase access to behavioral health services and supports. We advocate for equitable culturally competent mental health polices and laws to protect against health disparities and discrimination.
PROJECT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Program Support Specialist (PSS) is responsible for the foundational support of MHAG programs and events to ensure efficient operations. Provides daily assistance in support for fundraising, fee for service and grant funded programs, volunteer management, membership, and community outreach. Assists in the creation of promotional materials or informational mailings. Maintain volunteer, contractor and membership database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and track training schedules, evaluation data and invoices from contractors
• Maintain master calendar of all events, individual and collective calendars
• Analyze training attendance and recommend program improvements
• Recruit and coordinate facilitators, including preparing facilitators for classes (e.g. secure handouts, learning materials, and attendee rosters, introducing faculty at workshops and post-workshop follow-up).
• Maintain email list and current data on training participants
• Manage and track service calls, resource inventory and meeting minutes
• Manage the evaluation survey process to include updating survey questions, distributing survey to internal and external partners and collection of survey responses.
• Lead, plan and implement web and social media presence – prioritize content and images, manage posting calendar, track and evaluate social media strategies.
• Increase awareness of programs and trainings to increase attendance by coordinating promotional activities, meeting reminders and follow up.
• Administrative coordination of membership program including intake processing, maintaining accurate member data/information and providing assistance to members as they access resources.
• Build and sustain community engagement by managing outreach activities, presenters and evaluation
• Provide assistance with HR related processes such as assisting with contract filing, scheduling interviews, onboarding of staff, etc.
• Design and implement online surveys and outreach/communications campaigns using Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, Salesforce among other technology-related tools.
• Coordinate the newsletter, periodic email blasts, digital marketing and promotional campaigns.
• Oversee development and revision/streamlining of promotional materials and hardcopy/online registration systems. Promote increased use of online registration system among workshop registrants.
• Coordinate production of documents for responses to outreach events, legislative meetings, board meetings, donor events, etc.
• Provide administrative support on a wide variety of actions and problems.
• Participate in the implementation and planning of new initiatives and projects that will enhance the overall effectiveness of administrative management of the organization.
Missions, goals, objectives, programs of Mental Health America of Georgia
Customer relationship management, graphic design and various social media platforms
Awareness campaigns, nonprofit and program management
Community service, service learning, and volunteerism
Mental health and/or substance abuse
Mental health systems, advocacy groups and civic leadership
Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Time management and organization skills
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
Take initiative, problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team
Adapt to working in different locations throughout the community
Work in partnership with volunteers, stakeholders and donors
Provide strong customer service
Organize and prioritize work assignments
Meet schedules and timelines
Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines
Train and provide work direction to others
Establish and maintain effective relationships with volunteers, administrators, staff and the community
Work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) as needed
Minimum Qualifications for Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Two (2) years of related experience is required. Master’s degree in a related field and 1 year of related experience.
Licensures & Certifications
Required: Valid Georgia driver’s license & personal vehicle
Essential Capabilities & Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Must be able to work in an open office environment; to shift between focused work tasks and informal community engagement situations fluidly. Candidates must be willing to work flexible schedules – including some nights and weekend days – to accommodate the needs of the job. Office is currently working remotely due to Pandemic, must have ability to work remotely.