Executive Director for Non-profit Performing Arts and Movies Venue
- Experience Level
The Tybee Post Theater is an historic performing arts and movie venue located on Tybee Island, GA., and owned and operated by the non-profit Friends of the Tybee Theater Inc. The Executive Director reports to the board of directors and is responsible for the overall business, administrative and operational management of the organization. This includes leadership of budgeting, financial management, fundraising, staffing, programming, marketing, and public relations. The Executive Director is charged with enabling the Theater to realize its goals for programming excellence, community service, financial stability and audience development.
The Executive Director is a full-time exempt employee. Compensation will be competitive for an organization the size of the Tybee Post Theater. The Tybee Post Theater is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should include detailed cover letter, CV and three references. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 31, 2021. Please send applications/inquiries to TybeePost@gmail.com referencing EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR in the subject line.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Administration and Finance
- Provides input to Board of Director’s Executive Committee in planning annual budget and monitoring income and expenses to ensure operation within that budget
- Provides monthly performance, financial and operations reports to the Board
- Works with the Board to achieve fundraising goals and develop other sources of revenue necessary to support the Theater’s mission
- Manages and grows donor base through an effective membership solicitation and retention program, as well as solicitation of donations and grants from arts organizations, corporations, foundations and individuals
- Establishes employment & administrative policies and procedures for all Theater functions, including hiring, supervising and collaborating with full and part-time staff, and outside contract workers
- Oversees front of house operations, from volunteer staffing and training to concession staffing, product selection, inventory management and equipment maintenance
- Approves all contracts related to outside services for day-to-day operations, including utilities, lawn service, pest control, etc.
- Plans, selects, presents and promotes a programming strategy that includes a mix of live music, stage plays and movies for a diverse community and its visitors that aligns with the mission of the organization and adheres to the annual budget
- Negotiates all performance contracts with artists and agents and coordinates their technical, sound, lighting, front of house and hospitality requirements
- Develops a movie programming strategy and negotiates all movie rental agreements with distribution studios, acquiring necessary DCP or Blu-ray movies and promotional movie posters from studios or outside retailers
- Plans and oversees technical operations including technical staffing and production needs for all events
- Manages payments to artists based on negotiated terms and filing timely electronic Box Office Reports for all movie rentals to facilitate payments
- Negotiates contracts with outside parties for Theater rentals, from pricing and scheduling, to managing all technical and staffing needs
- Provides monthly programming, attendance and budget reports to the Board
- Develops a marketing strategy that promotes the Theater and its mission
- Establishes and manages relationships with organizations, businesses and non-profits throughout the community and uses those relationships to enhance the Tybee Post Theater’s mission
- Manages Theater’s online presence including website, social media pages and online ticketing website
- Creates targeted marketing strategies on an event-by-event basis through multiple avenues including, but not limited to: the website, press releases, social media, community calendars, weekly electronic newsletters and print advertising
- Collaborates with community groups, schools and individuals to generate community -oriented, often free, programming to enhance the Theater’s reputation as a good community partner
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Director
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Event Planning Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Executive / Senior Management Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Marketing / Communications Arts / Culture / Humanities $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Savannah