- Experience Level
LOOKING FOR A PART-TIME DEVELOPMENT MANAGER TO JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT MAKES A POSITIVE IMPACT ON ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES.
Great Prospects is growing and in need of a passionate team member who believes that young people with developmental disabilities deserve a program where they can grow and thrive. Great Prospects, located in Sandy Springs, GA, provides a post-secondary (after high school) therapeutic day program, summer programs and monthly social and respite opportunities for adolescents and young adults with developmental disabilities. We serve participants from North Fulton, Cherokee, Cobb, Forsyth, Gwinnett and Dekalb counties. Our mission is to provide meaningful connections for individuals with disabilities through continued educational enrichment, social interaction, community outreach and recreational programs.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Program Director to create and work a development plan which increases brand awareness and revenue to support the strategic direction of GP.
To begin with, we estimate this position to be approximately 10 hours per week and we will pay a monthly retainer commensurate with experience that is within our budget.
- Ability to network and identify potential board members who will support GP’s growth and development. GP is looking to grow it’s active board by 2-4 additional members, a primary responsibility for this position.
- Experience seeking out, growing and cultivating relationships that lead to increased funding.
- Previous success meeting fundraising goals, through diverse funding streams. Candidate should show experience securing funding, preferably in various ways (i.e. annual giving, individual major, planned giving, event sponsorship, etc.)
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Strong computer and technology skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, etc.
- Provide friendly, donor-centered customer service and represent the organization and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
Academic Requirements: Minimum – Prefer a bachelor’s degree with 2+ years relatable experience preferred.
Professional: Knowledge of and/or experience in disability services is a plus, but not required. A valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car is helpful.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication/ presentation and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others and possess the ability to work independently. Our new Development Manager must have a keen eye for detail and a collaborative spirit. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
Salary: Monthly retainer, commensurate with experience
Email cover letter and resume to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org with compensation requirements. No phone calls please.