Operations & HR Manager
3 days left
- Experience Level
Food Well Alliance was founded in 2015 with a vision to connect members of Atlanta’s local food movement to collectively build healthier communities in metro Atlanta. Today, Food Well Alliance is a multigenerational, multicultural network of local leaders advancing urban agriculture and working together to help over 120 community gardens and 35 urban farms thrive in neighborhoods across Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Clayton and Gwinnett counties. As an alliance, we believe that locally grown food is a tool to build community and that thriving gardens and farms strengthen the nutritional, environmental and social resilience of cities.
In 2017, Food Well Alliance published "Atlanta's Local Food Baseline Report" and discovered three key challenges to advancing urban agriculture — lack of coordinated resources for urban gardens and farms, lack of growers' participation in policy decision-making, and lack of residents' connection to fresh, locally- grown food. Working collaboratively with strong regional partners, we are addressing challenges through three specific programs:
- Resource Center: We identify innovative, best-in-class programs and provide grants as well as technical and physical resources to help community gardens and urban farms thrive.
- Policy and Advocacy: We collaborate with local government leaders to develop inclusive policies and plans that include resources for gardens and farms, like compost and land, with a goal to ignite a regional coalition for urban agriculture. We host round table discussions between farmers and distributors to make the urban agricultural community function better.
- Educational Experiences: We design and execute unforgettable events and educational experiences that connect communities to where their food comes from and to the people who grow it.
The Operations & Human Resources Manager is an exceptionally motivated person who keeps people and processes performing at their best. S/he follows through on every task and takes full responsibility for each project s/he is assigned, from coordinating meetings to supporting staff activities. The Operations & Human Resources Manager epitomizes reliability and accountability. S/he will provide flawless administrative, logistical, and human resources support, all the while remaining flexible and responsive to our dynamic environment. The Operations & Human Resources Manager plays a key role in ensuring the success of Food Well Alliance’s day to day functions and works directly with the Executive Director to create efficient processes and maintain systems to ensure our team works effectively.
- Represent Food Well Alliance through your communications and interactions with everyone you encounter, acting with warmth and respect at all times.
- Act as a staff liaison with our contract bookkeeper, supporting expense reconciliations and receipt documentation.
- Manage the relationship and act as direct point of contact with our contract technology firm, ensuring staff has quick remedies to tech or internet issues.
- Manage the relationship and act as direct point of contact with our contract benefits and payroll administration firm, ensuring timely integration and solutions to new hires, PTO requests, and benefit changes.
- Coordinate the staff onboarding and offboarding processes, and continually refine and manage our internal HR handbook.
- Develop and maintain filing systems and processes to help maximize the staff’s time, organization and efficiency, ensuring all documents and meetings reflect explicit branding requirements.
- Answer inquires received through the main phone line and info email address with speed and consistency.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the Atlanta Community Food Bank (parent organization) and Food Well Alliance staff and Board of Directors.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the Westside Future Fund (office building owner), and Food Well Alliance staff and sub-tenants including coordinating building access, room scheduling, mail, and addressing other building tenant needs.
- Support the Executive Director with key projects e.g. organizing staff or Board off-site events, planning meetings, researching and securing new vendors, and producing documents and materials.
- Support a fun, warm, and inclusive staff culture including planning acknowledgement of birthdays, work anniversaries, and identify key team building opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in office administration or human resources
- Expertise in G-Suite, Dropbox, and Microsoft Office. Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce preferred.
- Keen organizational skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to help coordinate an organizational culture and a highly effective team which delivers measurable results.
- Comfortability communicating with a wide range of stakeholders from staff to Board members, grantees to building tenants.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community of leaders who is proud to represent many different racial, socio-economic, gender, and other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.
The salary range is $45,000 - $55,000. Benefits are comprehensive and include medical insurance, life insurance, 3% employer-matched contributions toward a 401(k) retirement plan and a generous paid-time-off policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com, to the attention of Kate Conner, Executive Director, by January 26th, 2021. Include “Operations&HR Manager_Last Name” in the email subject line.