Food Pantry Manager
- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13 million dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a Food Pantry Manager.
To successfully oversee and manage the day to day operations of the food pantry so that people served experience relief from food insecurity, services are experienced as respectful, choice oriented, evidence based and best practice informed, and desired program outcomes are achieved.
- Work with the Chief Impact Officer on program planning including development of annual program plan
- Manage budget through monthly finance meetings to ensure expenses stay within budget.
- In partnership with the grants team, ensure that all grants/grant reports are completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure the food pantry operates in alignment with program plan.
- Manage all aspects of food inventory procurement, controls, and distribution.
- Maintain adequate food supply to provide the best quality food within budget.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with other food pantry leadership to pursue community partnerships.
- Ensure adequate appropriate food inventory and that food is sorted and stored in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Order and manage inventory of needed supplies.
- Inventory food quarterly and provide required food bank reports.
- Oversee Outreach Specialist’s food procurement and acquisition work.
- Ensure pick up and receipt of food is efficient and customers are satisfied.
- Manage data collection including food donations, demographic data on clients, impact surveys, etc.
- Utilize FIFO (first in, first out) inventory practices to ensure food quality and minimize waste.
- Work with the Outreach Specialist to train/orient volunteers and with the Volunteers department for recruitment
- Ensure smooth operations involving client parking and safe entry/exit from pantry.
- Work with the Outreach Specialist to ensure efficient packing for home deliveries, food distribution, and other programs.
- Implement food pantry safety policies and procedures as enforced by the Atlanta Community Food Bank, Department of Agriculture and USDA.
Personnel and Supervision:
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise, and evaluate other food pantry staff.
- Schedule and manage staff to ensure consistent, adequate support for operations.
- Oversee volunteer activities in coordination with Outreach Specialist and Volunteer Manager.
- Maintain a clean, well-ordered, well-stocked food pantry.
- Work with facilities team to ensure food pantry is well maintained.
- Ensure all equipment and facility stay in good working order; schedule maintenance/repairs as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to successfully collaborate with other departments within the agency
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, volunteers, partners, donors, and other stakeholders
- Sense of urgency and flexibility, the ability to adapt and respond accordingly
- Good computer skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn how to use online customer management database
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and may require some physical work such as stocking shelves, packing and moving boxes, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Food pantry management (or similar) experience and knowledge of the industry strongly preferred.
- People management experience
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1