RN Case Manager - Disability Services (Savannah)
- Experience Level
Summary: The RN Case Manager is a designated Developmental Disabilities Professional and provides leadership in the development and support of the service plans for individuals receiving services and compliance with Host Home regulations. The Case Manager also provides comprehensive support services to intellectually disabled individuals placed in host homes in the community and conducts visits at least monthly to monitor the health and safety of the individual while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. Our Disability program is designed to integrate adults, adolescents and children with disabilities into community settings as active participants. This position services the Savannah, Georgia region/area and is up to 50% travel. Applicant must reside with the service region/area.
- Conducts site visits monthly, or more frequently as needed, and completes the report at the time of the visit.
- Reviews Support Companion documentation during home visits.
- Attempts to correct any issues on site during visit.
- Develops Corrective Action Plan for Support Companion to correct any outstanding issues.
- Reports any unresolved problems relating to Support Companion documentation to site supervisor
- Ensures Individual Service Plans include all information so that services can be billed
- Ensures that the current Individual Service Plan goals are being tracked as per plan by the support companion. Working with the team to ensure the goals are person centered and promote self- management working towards independence.
- Ensures Level of Cares are accurate, reflecting the support needed for the client, current and signed by Region and participant.
- Ensures that Prior Authorizations are issued by the Region to allow for billing annually and when changes are made to the plan.
- Monitors the Case Management IDD- Connects regularly to address any issues pertaining to support coordination ratings and works with the support companion and team to address any issues.
- Collaborates with Support Coordinator to request changes to services provided to the participant
- Conducts in home, virtual or office based Support Companion trainings as needed to ensure sound person specific supports are in place including all trainings for care plans.
- Ensures all requirements such as rate changes and Support Companion training, PA changes occurs prior to participants engaging in alternative care services.
- Maintains a working knowledge base on Comprehensive Supports Waiver Program (COMP) manual and Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) provider manuals, Policystat and Council on Accreditation standards
- Ensures that all hospital discharges are reviewed within 24 hours of discharge.
- Ensures that all clinical recommendations are reviewed and followed including but not limited to Medication reviews, coordination of specialty care, follow up physician appointments are scheduled and completed.
- Partners with Compliance Coordinator to ensure client support needs are in regulation and Support Companions requirements are met.
- Partners with Director of Disability and Director of Clinical Services to ensure recommendation are completed as both programs policies state.
- Complies with the various federal, state or local laws that apply to and regulate their job responsibilities
- Ensures all health and safety protocols are developed and meeting manual requirements
- Assesses the satisfaction of individuals served
- Ensures current and medications changes are properly documented on the participants Medication Administration Record and coincides with all relevant in home prescriptions (include risk/side effect training)
- Ensures that all approved Support Companions are in compliance with requirements identified in Extended Reach.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Participates in training, fundraising events and other Inspiritus activities and initiatives such as performance and quality improvement.
- Oversees Contracted/Subcontracted Providers/Professionals by the Organization when working with clients to complete the team
- Financial oversight and management of individual funds; working with contracted Payee Companies to ensure access to funds.
Works on-call as scheduled:
- Responds immediately to all after hours on-calls and reports any issues to manager/supervisor.
- RN-Licensure or greater clinical license
- Experience in case management, disease management, home health care nursing, hospital nursing or intensive outpatient education and self-management support
- Two (2) years of experience working with IDD population
- Three (3) years of experience providing services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Has demonstrated skills in resource and capacity develop and can work independently
- Experience with behavioral strategies including motivational interviewing and self-management support to support client needs.
- Ability to forge a mutually respectful and professional relationship with persons served and their families in which they are supported to gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face within services.
- Ability to document in a an EMR system
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served
- Must be able to work in a digital environment having skills in maintain digital record and proficiency in operation Microsoft Office 365 platform
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a professional and culturally competent manner;
- Must hold a valid Georgia Drivers license and have personal auto insurance and a good driving record
- Extensive knowledge of Extended Reach (EMR)
- Knowledge of the Office of Health and Wellness
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people;
- Ability to embrace change and support the mission of Inspiritus
Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle.Employee frequently lifts and or moves 20+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. Travel up to 50% of work time. Inspiritus is a mobile work force so employees must have the ability to work from home, in the field and from Inspiritus offices, as necessary.