Associate Director, Leadership for Society Program
- Experience Level
Associate Director, Leadership for Society Program
Job Number: 88049
This is a fixed term position through August 31, 2021.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/ has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Leadership for Society Program supports students in their exploration of the critical societal issues of today and guides their reflection about the role of leaders to address them. Currently in its first year, the program has launched a webinar series and a podcast and is preparing to develop a prestigious scholars program with an education and public outreach components.
We are looking for an Associate Director to join the Leadership for Society team to design and manage the new scholars program and to contribute to the production of all public facing components of the program. Successful candidates will bring to the role a combination of the detail orientation and organizing capacity of campaign managers and big picture thinking of policy analysts. This is a remote and flexible engagement which will continue through August 31, 2021.
Work under the general direction of faculty or other management to develop, implement, and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of the assigned academic entity/program(s). Participate in entity/program strategy development, long-range planning, and partnership development.
Your primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and manage education programs by conducting educational activities, including outreach to varied stakeholders within the program, assigning resources and making program improvement recommendations that impact policies and programs.
• Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for new programs and courses.
• Source, collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
• Assist in the teaching and administration of courses. Develop curriculum. Develop curriculum-rating survey, detailed feedback on courses and make recommendations for preliminary overview and changes.
• Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
• Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
• Advise students and/or coach/mentor them in the pursuit of research projects by identifying relevant advisors and guiding them through project milestones.
• Develop or contribute to outreach strategy related to program communications, development, partnerships, and fundraising/funding.
• Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
• Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience. Advanced degree may be required for some programs. For jobs with financial responsibilities, experience managing a budget and developing financial plans.
• A good understanding of US politics and democratic institutions
• A deep interest in policy and understanding of major US policy issues
• A deep interest in and broad understanding of social and environmental issues, including but not limited to racial equity, economic inequalities, healthcare and education disparities, and environmental sustainability
• Ability to develop program partnerships and funding sources.
• Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
• Ability to oversee and direct staff.
• Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
• Public policy related studies preferred.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generoushttps://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards/sweeteners align with what matters to you:
• Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
• A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
• A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
• Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a https://stanford.app.box.com/s/ascj6uj5hktilfk7yac2x46zvcp4n8w0 that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Schedule: Full-time
• Job Code: 4112
• Employee Status: Fixed-Term
• Grade: J
• Requisition ID: 88049
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2112645
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.