- Position Type
- Full Time
Donorly seeks a full-time Project Manager to join our growing team in support of our nonprofit clients.
The transparent, formula-based salary range for this position is approximately $49,000 to $56,000. Donorly is a partially remote workplace. Candidates living outside NYC are welcome to apply.
Donorly is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that works with small and midsized nonprofit organizations – both startups and established organizations – to create and implement strategies that expand fundraising capacity. Through our services, our clients access resources that allow them to realize their mission, serve their stakeholders, and make change in the world. Our services include campaign counsel, donor research, interim staffing, design and implementation of fundraising strategy, and board development. Learn more at Donorly.com.
Donorly is a partially distributed/remote/virtual workplace. Team members work virtually from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City.
As we are currently a predominantly white organization, we are committed to anti-racism and are presently engaged in a long-term, ongoing journey to “live out” our anti-racist values within our organization, with our clients, and in our engagement with the philanthropic sector.
QUALITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for the Project Manager position is a collaborative, team-oriented individual with:
- Experience planning and managing multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for detail, including editing and proofreading abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Client/customer-oriented mindset
- Basic computer skills and a willingness to learn new apps/technology
- A motivated, can-do spirit
Ideal candidates may also have:
- Nonprofit fundraising, grant writing, or database management experience
- Client-facing consulting experience (in fundraising or in another field)
- Experience working closely with high-level decision-makers, such as executives or board members
We would love to hear about other qualities, skills, and experiences that would help you succeed in the Project Manager position.
- Partner with consulting team for a growing nonprofit client on projects including in-house counsel, corporate and foundation donor prospecting, solicitation, relationship management, strategic planning, and campaign implementation
- Work with consulting team to cultivate and nurture relationships with client leadership, board members, donors, and donor prospects, as well as key decision-makers at corporations, foundations, and government entities
- Partner with consulting team and client leadership to create a strong message that articulates the organization’s highest priorities and appeals to potential donors
- Work with team to develop strategies for fundraising presence in communications and marketing materials
- Collaborate with clients and consulting team to provide research-based analysis and apply it to donor cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Support management of day-to-day development activities for client projects, including:
- Prepare solicitation materials
- Track, invoice, and acknowledge gifts
- Develop proposals and deliverables for corporate prospects
- Manage the prospect identification and stewardship infrastructure
- Oversee prospect research pipeline
- Manage relationship database(s)
- Prepare regular reports on all campaign and partnership activities
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to membership and institutional giving
- Support Senior Development Consultant in fundraising reporting
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications
All full-time Donorly team members engage with our anti-racism commitment via participation in working groups, trainings, and retreats.
Some evenings and weekend hours may be required, usually with ample advance notice.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “Project Manager - Your Name”
Donorly is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.