Assistant Director of Human Resources, Talent Acquisition
- Experience Level
SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition
GRADE: MGT F; Annual salary $118,669
LOCATION: Washington, DC
The 2 million members united in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) are at the forefront of a movement to build power for working people and empower all workers to form unions, no matter what job they do. SEIU members are from every walk of life, every political party, every background, every faith. They come from communities with their own stories and strengths, and that makes the Union all the more powerful because there's strength in numbers. SEIU members work across the healthcare spectrum providing high quality care and services. They are the workers who keep our nation's airports running and make sure landmark buildings are clean and secure. They provide essential public services and give a foundation of learning to our youngest and brightest. SEIU members believe in and are fighting for a Just Society where all workers are valued and all people respected—no matter where they come from or what color they are; where all families and communities can thrive; and where we leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.
PURPOSE: The Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for the Talent Acquisition (TA) function, leading and driving company-wide efforts and initiatives to meet client and company needs. Development and implementation of effective TA strategies, best practices, policy and procedures. Performs full life-cycle recruitment to include but not limited to: writing job descriptions, sourcing, interviewing, entering and analyzing salary data, making and negotiating offers. The position leads HR branding efforts via social media.
- Perform full life-cycle recruitment to include but not limited to: posting, sourcing, prescreening, interviewing (phone and in-person), checking references, compensation analysis, and offer negotiation, etc.
- Take ownership of talent acquisition functions; plan, develop, implement, and execute effective and innovative strategic talent acquisition tactics and initiatives to meet organization needs.
- Design strategy for increased recruitment of diverse candidates.
- Define, evaluate, develop, and implement recruitment practices, processes, and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create/design job postings to ensure diverse applicant pools.
- Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to assess talent requirements and provide advice on the best hiring strategy.
- Manage candidates throughout the selection process, effectively communicating and ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships across the organization to understand current and future workforce needs, develop effective recruitment strategies, and provide guidance on candidate selection.
- Partner with HR Organization Partners to understand the short and long-term talent strategy.
- Lead and manage the employment branding efforts, reflecting the company's value proposition and culture to attract viable candidates by responding to Glassdoor reviews.
- Lead the HR branding social media strategy on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.
- Source for candidates using social media and other innovative means.
- Provide recruitment reports and metrics.
- Conduct reference checks and background checks.
CONTACTS: Include SEIU International managers and staff, local SEIU unions, vendors, contractors, community groups, other unions, and federal and state agencies.
DIRECTION & DECISION MAKING: This position reports to the Director of Human Resources (or his or her designee).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or liberal arts with at least five to seven years of full lifecycle recruitment experience; or at least ten (10) years of related work experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of human resources practices and principles.
- In-depth knowledge of full life-cycle recruiting and the creation of talent pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and meet established timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with candidates, hiring managers and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to gather abstract and complex data and draw sound logical analysis and conclusions regarding staffing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle, maintain and control confidential and sensitive information
- Skill in the use of personal computers including Google Suite, HRIS and recruitment associated software (UltiPro and Icims).
- HR or Talent Acquisition certification preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is generally performed in an office setting, but may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Some travel and extended hours required.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ADNJRgCjaRYdCg7Sjd8A