Bilingual / Spanish Social Worker
2 days left
- Experience Level
Bilingual / Spanish Social Worker
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that currently provides full service medical, dental, and medication dispensary services. In order to expand our services available to our patients, we are pleased to expand our services to include Behavioral Health. The Behavioral Health Consultant will offer Behavioral Health services to patients with various medical and psychosocial problems utilizing behavioral modifications and evidence-based psychological interventions. Services provided by the BHC will include consultation to primary care providers, rapid assessments of patients, and cognitive and behavioral interventions provided in brief 15-30 minute visits as well as some longer 45 minute sessions. This is a full-time position.
1. Can fulfill the clinic’s mission to spread the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need while providing appropriate physical, emotional, and spiritual care for the whole person.
2. Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
3. Can integrate Biblical Principles from the authority Scripture with the most relevant discoveries from psychological counseling.
4. Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
5. Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
6. Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
7. Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
8. Provide psychoeducation to patients and families including care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques
9. Function as a part of a fully integrated primary care/behavioral health care team
- Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Bilingual Spanish required
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Ability to deliver evidence-based psychological interventions to treat and manage conditions common to primary care including but not limited to: depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, substance abuse, and chronic medical conditions
- Effectively uses screening and outcome tools
- Excellent and timely clinical documentation within an electronic health record
- Strong crisis management skills
- General knowledge of psychotropic medications and chronic medical conditions common to primary care
- Flexible, effective consultant that is able to work effectively on a primary care team
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring interacting with others in a way that supports the Center’s mission to share the love of Christ through high quality healthcare to those in need
ENVIRONMENTAL/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Combination of medical office and exam / procedure room setting which is a well-lit, well-ventilated, adequate space.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Hearing / Speaking: Effective communications with patients, staff and visitors.
- Standing: 40% of the workday
- Sitting: 20% of the workday
- Walking: 30% of the workday
- Lifting: 10% of the workday
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time