FT Volunteer Manager
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Volunteer Manager oversees the management and direction of the overall volunteer program. This position maintains volunteer recruitment, placement, retention, training, and engagement strategies across all functions and programs of Covenant House Georgia and is in charge of our mentor program. Additionally, this position supervises our Volunteer Specialist and assigned AmeriCorps member. This position works closely with the Covenant House Georgia program team to address programmatic, residential and facility needs with a strong focus on strategic direction for volunteer/mentor recruitment, outreach, management of corporate and community partnerships, volunteer to donor conversion and stewardship and recognition of both individual and group volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Covenant House Georgia reserves the right to unilaterally modify, remove, or add to any of the following:
- Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact between Covenant House Georgia and Corporate partners
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image of the organization; solicit and encourage businesses, organizations, associations and groups who volunteer and/or provide in-kind donations
- Serve as the primary liaison between the volunteer program and program team and ensure that youth needs through programs, in-kind goods and mentors are being delivered
- Oversee and ensure accurate maintenance of required documentation for volunteers through database management (such as scheduling, tracking hours, waivers, trainings, etc.).
- Manage Volunteer Specialist and AmeriCorp member who works with individual volunteers, in-kind donations, prepare and share a meal program and our Women’s Guild
- Ensure a 24 business hour response time for all volunteer inquiries across the program
- Participate in program meetings to ensure coordination of volunteer efforts to support program and facility needs
- Coordinate staff and/or volunteer support to internal or external special events as needed.
- Solicit in-kind donations of clothing, furniture, etc. throughout the year
- Oversee the Covenant House Youth Christmas wish lists to ensure all youth in our program receive gifts by working with partners and individuals in the community
- Represent the organization in public meetings and presentations to the community
- Develop training/outreach materials to effectively conduct orientations, tours and training sessions.
- Develop and implement processes that grows and strengthens Covenant House Georgia’s mentor program to effectively and efficiently recruit and retain mentors from the community.
- Work with the Development team to execute volunteer-to-donor and donor-to-volunteer initiatives. Aim to increase individual donations from volunteers in appropriate ways
- Work with P2P Coordinator and AmeriCorp member to maintain and develop a young professionals society
- Reporting of monthly and/or quarterly reporting reconciling with accounting.
- Serve as primary point of contact to resolve volunteer complaints, issues, and concerns
- Administer and review policies, procedures, volunteer safety requirements, etc. that will guide the volunteer program
- Work with the fundraising team to identify potential sponsors, donors, event volunteers or P2P participants
- Manage and execute effective communications and events for the mentor program
- Deliver training modules to ensure that mentors/volunteers are properly trained
- Upholds Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times.
- Models appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere.
- Ensures that all buildings and surrounding areas are safe and free from any conditions that may cause harm or danger to youth, staff, volunteers, or visitors.
- Ensures compliance of files in accordance to specific city, state and Federal guidelines.
- Participates in other CHGA programs and activities as required.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Responds in a timely manner to emergencies and resolve issues.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Effectively communicate verbally with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Work sitting, standing, and/or walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Lift and move items typically weighing 5-35 pounds.
- Uphold Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times.
- Model appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere.
- Work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons (valid Georgia driver’s license with acceptable driving record required).
- Travel as needed for training or to fulfill job requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervise the Volunteer Specialist & AmeriCorp Member
- Train volunteers
- Train mentors, mentees and program staff dedicated to the Mentor Program
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of successful experience coordinating volunteer and/or working in the non-profit sector
- PC/Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Belief in Covenant House Mission Statement and desire to fulfill the mission
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Georgia serves.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Flexible, amiable, & willing to work as a team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to work standing, walking, and/or sitting a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel as needed for training or to fulfill job requirements.
Covenant House Georgia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.