5 days left
- Experience Level
Position Summary Staff Attorney:
Georgia Legal Services Program is a leader in creating equal access to justice and opportunities out of poverty for low-income Georgians. We fight for justice where it is most needed. Georgia Legal Services seeks a staff attorney to work in its Albany, Columbus and Piedmont/Atlanta.
- Litigate cases in administrative, state and federal forums.
- Draft briefs, motions and memoranda.
- Circuit riding to assigned counties.
- Conduct community legal education sessions and engage in outreach activities.
- Participate on action teams that explore and solve systemic issues affecting clients.
- Graduate of an accredited law school and current member of Georgia Bar with experience working with persons with low incomes and a commitment to social justice. Willingness and ability to work as part of a team in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Computer literacy, which includes familiarity using email, Excel, Word, SharePoint, LegalServer, and other computer programs.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Georgia driver's license.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly valued.
- Demonstrated interest or experience working with low-income clients on poverty law issues and commitment to social justice;
- Ability to work with diverse populations, backgrounds and perspectives;
- Excellent oral advocacy, research, and writing skills;
- Attention to detail and self-motivated;
- Ability to be creative and a team player.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications; GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits including an employer-financed partial loan repayment program. A statement of interest, resume, and writing sample should be submitted to https://www.glsp.org/join-the-team/. No Phone Calls, please.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. GLSP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply. GLSP invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.