DEPARTMENTAL SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Experience Level
DEPARTMENTAL SYSTEMS ANALYST
County of San Mateo
The County of San Mateo's Office of the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder and Chief Elections Officer is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Departmental Systems Analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to join a robust, hard-working departmental IT team.
The Office of the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder and Chief Elections Officer (ACRE) is involved in multiple technology initiatives aimed at replacing legacy systems, upgrading applications, and implementing new technologies. A major project undertaken by ACRE is the development of a new Assessor Property Assessment System (APAS) based on the Salesforce platform. A second major effort is the cleansing and migrating of legacy data. Other initiatives relate to upgrading existing Clerk-Recorder systems, SharePoint, and other tools' implementation and support.
In general, the Departmental Systems Analyst:
- Provides complex analytical support to the maintenance and/or modification of existing systems and development of new systems
- Serves as liaison between business users and information technology staff, vendors, and service providers
- Provides technical and analytical support and training to system users
- Performs system administration functions to ensure security and effective operation
- Develops and maintains a variety of automated files, records, and databases
- Prepares and distributes new procedures, training materials, and a variety of ad hoc reports
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned
Incumbents in the position of Departmental Systems Analyst (DSA) will have:
- A general knowledge of both departmental and program operations and information system capabilities, which will enable effective interactions between technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to explain and document the needs and requirements of each to the other
- The ability to participate in the development of systems that effectively support department and program operations
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a solid understanding of system development methodologies and techniques, and a grasp of database concepts and principles, i.e., transactional, analytical, reporting, etc.
- Be an excellent analytical thinker and possess good problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Have project management, leadership, initiative, and technical skills, including some software development experience
- Be required to work non-standard hours at times and partner with all technology disciplines
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree in information systems, public administration, business administration, or a closely related field
- Possess 3-5 years of responsible experience in a position that would provide knowledge of department-specific programs, processes, and/or operations, including at least 3 years of experience in the planning, implementation, oversight, and/or utilization of automated information systems and applications used to support departmental activities.
Qualifications include knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Excel (advanced level)
- Flowchart/Diagramming software like Lucid Chart, Visio etc.
- Agile Methodology – SCRUM, Prototyping
- SharePoint and/or other collaboration tools
- Document Management Systems such as FileNet (Optional)
- Salesforce Platform as a Service (PaaS) (Optional)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (Optional)
- Legacy Data Migration (Optional)
Final Filing Deadline: January 8, 2021
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2938500/departmental-systems-analyst-open-and-promotional. Applications are only accepted online. EOE