- Experience Level
The National Storytelling Network (NSN) is a membership organization made up of individuals, organizations and institutions involved in Storytelling, with 850 plus members. The mission of the NSN is to advance all forms within the storytelling community through promotion, advocacy and education. The organization was started in 1976 in Jonesborough, Tennessee and has since relocated operations to Kansas City, Missouri. NSN is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Its Kansas City Institutional partners are Mid Continent Public Library (MCPL) and Metropolitan Community College-Maple Woods campus. The organization’s office is housed at MCPL’s
Woodneath Library Center, but our staff has been working remotely amidst the global pandemic.
This position provides a 20-30 hour administrative and clerical function with a large digital component, working under the direction of the Operations Director and the Board. The Operations Assistant position will be responsible for data entry, word processing, answering and returning phone calls and electronic inquiries, posting social media and website content, filing, research, basic bookkeeping, and additional projects as assigned by NSN Operations Director and the board.
Part-time, hourly (non-exempt)
The Operations Assistant reports to the Operations Director in coordination with the Board, no positions report to this position.
OVERALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary resource for on-site visitors and provide quality service in response to questions and needs including phone, mail, and electronic inquiries or routes them to the appropriate staff according to their needs
- Troubleshoot technical issues on the website pertaining to membership dues processing, user management, access to the digital library, and other functions
- Implement changes to the website including content updates and page creations
- Develop and manage content to be distributed on social media, occasionally at the request of specific programming or committees
- Maintain reports, files and documents generated from databases, word documents, or spreadsheets
- Set up and manage, or maintain paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, maintaining documents, and scanning invoices and checks
- Compose and manage correspondence including letters, emails, memos, reports, research, and documents
- Assist with the planning and organization of the NSN Annual Conference (may be virtual as necessary) and other in-house and off-site meetings in collaboration with NSN staff
- Assist with accounting data entry
- Conduct basic research as requested
- Special projects for the Operations Director and the Board as requested
- Provide events support as requested
- Be aware of, understand, and follow NSN’s policies and procedures. Support NSN’s mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Performs other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFICIENCY
- Knowledge of software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, Wordpress, and Adobe.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and an understanding of how to engage audiences with content.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maturity, good judgment, sense of humor, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and reliable time management skills
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Intermediate to advanced technological abilities required
- Proficiency with office productivity software (i.e., Google Suite, Microsoft Office) required
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- Experience with CiviCRM preferred but not required
- Association or nonprofit experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, scanning documents, manipulating data through spreadsheets, and other office procedures
- Ability to maintain an organized record-keeping system, respond to requests in a timely manner, be resourceful, innovative, and self-motivated, and be creative and problem-solving
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and interact positively with member/volunteer officers
- Skills in organization, relationship building, team player and team builder, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines
- Some college education required (Business, Accounting, or other related field preferred)
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer
- This position will travel to the NSN Annual Conference. Travel may be up to 15 days per year. With regard to the global pandemic, no travel will be required until the personal safety and wellbeing of staff can be assured.
Beginning salary is $18.00 -$20.00 hour. Annual salary range dependent upon experience. No benefits provided at this time.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted until 10 PM Central time January 15, 2021.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume.
The National Storytelling Network is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. NSN provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws or discriminate against any individual by reason of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.