Online Lead Facilitator
- Degree Level
Position: Online Lead Facilitator
Type: Part-Time Consultant
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Are you passionate about helping students explore and express their full selves? Can you inspire and ignite passion in students? Are you engaging and charismatic? Can you facilitate online with energy and enthusiasm? Are you seeking deeper and more meaningful ways to interact and impact students? If so, nXu is seeking an exceptional educator to serve as an online lead facilitator of nXu’s purpose bootcamp programming throughout the 2020-2021 school year. The nXu purpose bootcamps bring together ~35 high school students from partner organizations/schools around the country seeking to offer powerful online learning and community building experiences. The online lead facilitator will guide students through a series of immersive learning experiences, activities, conversations, and reflections to help students develop an understanding of their purpose in life. Here are key details:
- Five synchronous online sessions (2.5 hours/session; total of 12.5 hours of facilitation)
- Flexible implementation schedule based on needs of the school/organization and students
- Cohort size of up to ~35 students
- Students in all four high school grades
- Operations/tech. support will be provided by nXu staff
OVERVIEW OF nXu
nXu (www.nxueducation.org), is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by leveraging social capital. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, nXu has developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. They offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and they also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school. Here is a video about nXu (https://vimeo.com/251833392) and a recent article about nXu published by Transcend Education (https://www.transcendeducation.org/playlist-blog/ignite-purpose).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Leadership and Facilitation: Lead and facilitate a portion of nXu’s online purpose bootcamps to ensure that the programmatic implementation aligns with the organizational mission and vision. Drive participant learning and mastery of each practice and implement the centrally developed nXu program and curriculum and ensure high quality experiences for students.
- Culture Development: Cultivate and create a safe and exciting atmosphere for nXu participants to be curious and vulnerable during nXu programming.
- Participant Management: Ensure nXu participants are fully engaged and support them as they navigate their nXu experience during and between each session.
- Operations: Support pre-session operational preparation as well as session day operations.
- Program Improvement: Provide feedback on the curriculum to ensure nXu improves its programming over time.
- Program Representation: Serve as a positive representative of nXu within the broader educational community.
- Other Duties: Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Depending on the individual’s background, the online lead facilitator may have an opportunity to support the delivery of online adult training.
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to exhibit high energy and to motivate and inspire youth.
- Experience working with and supporting and guiding a diverse array of both youth and adults.
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping other people--especially teenagers--explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Ability to create an inclusive and equitable program culture for all program participants
- Concrete evidence of keen interest in, and exploration of, his, her, or their self-development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take initiative to deliver a meaningful experience to participants.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching.
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently.
- At least three years of experience in working with high school aged youth; teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.