Associate, Policy and BICEP Network
- Position Type
- Full Time
Associate, Policy and BICEP Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Policy Team at Ceres works with companies through Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) to advance climate and clean energy policies at the federal and state levels. The Policy Team is looking for an Associate to assist in its work with its BICEP Network (members, prospective members, partners) and the Ceres Non Profit Network. This position is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter looking to be an advocate for Ceres’ policy goals and will support the Director of Stewardship and Partnerships primarily through research, participation and note-taking in strategy meetings, data collection and organization. Projects will include but not limited to researching prospective members, partners, and assisting with the management of the organization's database, updating marketing collateral, website and developing pitch decks.
This is a full-time salaried position. This person will report to the Director, Stewardship and Partnerships, Policy and BICEP Network
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Manage and update all BICEP Network related distribution lists
- Manage the distribution of all BICEP communications (Weekly Updates, Monthly Calls, Steering Committee Calls)
- Responsible for updating BICEP related marketing materials
- Assist with annual dues processing
- Assist in developing annual member surveys
- Ensure data accuracy for members and prospects in Salesforce
- Conduct private sector research and update BICEP Network member company and prospect backgrounders on an on-going basis with updated policy priorities, sustainability goals, and footprint information
- Assist with recruitment and development of a pipeline of businesses to engage in policy advocacy
- Update the NonProfit Network database ensuring any inactive members are removed; support the prospecting/recruitment pipeline
- Provide administrative, logistical and event management support for all BICEP related events (monthly calls, webinars, in-person events)
- Support execution of policy team events at the Ceres annual conference program and other org-wide events.
- Support special projects as assigned
- Two to three years of work experience, preferably in government or nonprofit sectors.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and some project management abilities.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Research, writing, and powerpoint skills are a must for this role.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, social media and email applications.
- Demonstrated interest in climate and clean energy policy and sustainability issues, preferred.
- Experience working in advocacy settings with private sector entities preferred.
- Experience working with diverse constituent groups, a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects.
- Ability to bring a positive outlook and commitment to working at Ceres on a daily basis.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references, and additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.