- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Programs Assistant dual reports to the Director of the Religion and Faith Program and the Director of the Global Partnerships Program, providing administrative support to these two programs. Both programs are part of the HRC Foundation, the public education and outreach arm of the Human Rights Campaign.
The Global Partnerships program provides capacity-building and leadership development opportunities to LGBTQ advocates from around the world.
The Religion and Faith Program works to build a world where LGBTQ people of faith are celebrated for every part of who they are, while fighting to ensure that religion is not used as a weapon of hate and discrimination.
The Programs Assistant will be primarily responsible for scheduling, event support, meeting and travel support, as well as handling financial administrative needs and tracking metrics related to the programs’ work. The Programs Assistant may be asked to support additional Foundation programs and initiatives.
- Manage administrative matters for the Directors, including scheduling, supporting virtual and in-person meetings and events, taking meetings notes, and maintaining contact lists and databases.
- Assist in reporting duties, including quarterly board reports, weekly activity reports, and other reports as required.
- Coordinate Directors’ travel arrangements.
- Assist with preparation of budgets, making check requests, submitting internal requests for marketing support, ordering supplies, and monthly budget reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of contracts and MOU’s for external vendors as well as paperwork needed to support grantees and partners.
- Review and work with Directors to keep program web pages and other online materials up-to-date.
- Assist Directors with talking points and speaking engagements, including research, creating PowerPoint and other presentations.
- Assist with planning and implementation of annual Global Summit, Small Grants Program, Faith Institute and other major programmatic activities.
- Assist with various research projects.
- Assist with various needs related to tracking program metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required with one to two years’ relevant administrative work experience in a professional environment preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A can-do attitude, with demonstrated ability to work independently and a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work individually, with the programs and with other departments at HRC
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Slides and Drive).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ issues and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and intersectional work.
- While knowledge of faith issues and/or global issues a plus, passion for this work is a must.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.