Sr. Specialist, Philanthropy Services
- Experience Level
Based in Atlanta, GA, the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals and scientists who work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has more than 9,400 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services including educational programming, legislative advocacy, practice management support and grant funding. The ACR is a unique non-profit organization looking to offer its employees opportunities to exhibit their commitment to accountability, creativity and initiative. To find out more about the ACR, please visit www.rheumatology.org.
TITLE: Senior Specialist, Philanthropy Services
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Philanthropy
DIRECT SUPERVISION: 1 FTE
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Specialist, Philanthropy Services oversees the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database and assures high standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy in all philanthropy-related systems. The Senior Specialist is responsible for the overall integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database and provides strategic leadership, as well as long-range and short-term planning, in the areas of gift processing, database integrity, reporting, data analysis and system enhancements. This position works closely with the Vice President, Philanthropy to implement the custom reporting requirements needed to support a comprehensive fundraising program consistent with the organization's mission and strategic plan. The Senior Specialist exercises independent judgment, requires strong technology skills, including proficiency in database management programs preferably advanced Blackbaud Raiser's Edge ability and an in depth understanding of Import-O-Matic.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a dynamic list of policies, procedures and regulations related to the use of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Ensures the integrity of the database by identifying, implementing, and documenting the on-going database clean-up processes. This includes, but is not limited to, periodic merging of duplicate records, assuring national change of address (NCOA) requirements are fulfilled and importing new records from the ACR database on a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Maintains the Raiser's Edge database to ensure maximum efficiency as a constituent relationship management system consistent with established data entry guidelines.
- Reviews all gifts and pledges entered into Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepares and sends out pledge reminders and manages aging receivables monthly.
- Manages corporate grant payment schedule, prepares and send invoices for payments due, submits online grant request per request or schedule.
- Researches, analyzes, imports and exports data, designs complex queries, creates and runs custom reports.
- Provides Foundation Leadership and the Finance department with budget and forecast information while constantly striving for innovative and more agile ways to extract data from Raiser’s Edge transforming it into actionable information.
- Generates daily, weekly, and monthly reports for department, Senior staff, and Board committees.
- Coordinates mass and segmented mailings logistics, including preparing merge data, printing, etc.
Coordination with ACR Finance Department
- Reconciles, on a monthly and annual basis, all gifts and pledges with the Accounting Department.
- Resolves any problems or questions that may arise relating to reconciling differences, processing, data entry, account distribution and pledge application between Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Merchant Services, Nimble and NetSuite.
- Generates required reports for monthly income and donations.
- Sets up and updates new accounting codes within the Raiser’s Edge system.
- Properly codes, submits, and tracks all Philanthropy department invoices sent to accounting.
- Serves as data management team lead, representing department, collaborating with key departments, including Finance, Information Services and Data Steering Committee on all financial and data activities.
- Works closely with Vice President, Philanthropy in providing internal and external analysis reports, including but not limited to reports for the Board of Directors.
- Oversees timely execution of comprehensive ongoing stewardship, including, but not limited to, acknowledgment booklet, campaign updates, gift acknowledgement letters and events.
- Collaborates with Annual Giving to carry out direct mail campaigns year-round.
- Partners with the Foundation’s Corporate relations team to request funding and assure corporate payments are received in a timely manner.
- Manages Philanthropy analytical software and database, including but not limited to Raiser’s Edge.
- Acts as a philanthropy representative at the ACR Convergence Foundation Booth, Donors Lounge or any area needed.
- Functions as the primary liaison with Finance on matters of gift accounting, reporting and gift acceptance policies and procedures, data administration and database gift record management.
- Operates as subject matter expert regarding Raisers Edge and Blackbaud products.
- Bachelors’ degree and/or minimum of five years with Raiser’s Edge including extensive experience building Crystal Reports and two to three years of gift processing experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database system and products including
Import-O-Matic, Post-O-Matic, Blackbaud NXT and Blackbaud Merchant Services.
- A highly developed understanding of database systems; expertise in relational database queries, import/export and reporting functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a cooperative team.
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.