- Degree Level
The DeKalb Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is a community orchestra that has been enriching lives through symphonic sounds since 1964. The Board of Directors is seeking a visionary, dynamic Executive Director who can lead the charge of ensuring that DSO remains relevant, vibrant, and fully sustainable for years to come!
The Executive Director is a part-time position who is a senior member of the Orchestra’s management team and reports directly to the designated member of the Board of Directors.
S/he is ultimately responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial aspects of the Orchestra’s operations and ensuring alignment with its Mission Statement and the Board-approved annual budget.
In the organizational structure of the DeKalb Symphony Orchestra, the Executive Director and the Music Director are considered to be equals, with each having distinct areas of responsibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the ability to lead in a supportive, flexible and collegial manner with other staff members and volunteers.
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of successful experience with a not-for-profit organization
- Development and implementation of a fundraising plan and solicitation of financial support from individuals, corporate, government and/or foundation sources
- Event planning experience
- Self-motivated, organized, energetic, and articulate
- Ability to comfortably communicate ideas and strategies to board members and donors as needed to advance the organization's mission
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience serving with organizations dedicated to the arts
- Familiarity with the Atlanta area fundraising scene
Anticipated Start Date & Salary Information
The position of Executive Director is a non-exempt, part-time employee (20 hours per week) of the DeKalb Symphony Orchestra. The salary for this position will be $30/hour (with the potential to grow into a full-time position).
The selected candidate should expect to begin in this role no later than March 1, 2021 and all interested applicants should submit their resumes to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, January 12, 2021.