Bilingual Victim Assistance Attorney
- Experience Level
Mosaic Georgia provides services which enhance safety, healing, and justice for people of all ages impacted by sexual violence and abuse; works to eliminate the social conditions that allow for violence; and delivers professional training that build the capacity of local community response to victims.
Bilingual Victim Assistance Attorney- This position provides legal and criminal justice system advocacy services for victims and families served by Mosaic Georgia in concert with the Legal Services Director (attorney), a paralegal/legal advocate, and a legal advocate/navigator.
The bilingual Victim Assistance Attorney provides comprehensive legal services for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking, including assessment, referral, legal consultation and direct representation on a broad range of non-tort legal matters-including but not limited to privacy issues, housing and employment concerns, temporary protective order hearings, education, financial matters, immigration and family law.
This is a full-time position and reports directly to the Director of Legal Services. Position funded by federal Legal Assistance for Victims grant from the Office of Violence Against Women of the US Department of Justice.
- Juris Doctorate from accredited U.S. law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia. Attorney member in “good standing” with the Georgia State Bar. Bar Exam passage required prior to beginning work.
- At least 1 - 3 years’ experience representing clients in criminal, family, housing, or other related legal issues.
- Bilingual and fluent (reading, writing, conversation) in English and another language (preferably Spanish).
- Prefer 1 to 3 years direct-victim service volunteer or direct-work experience in Violence Against Women Issues and/ or sexual assault/ domestic violence.
- Above average working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint. Knowledge of case tracking management systems i.e. Justice Server, Collaborate and CaseWorthy.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must live within a close geographic distance to the center in Duluth, GA and be able to respond to the center within 45 minutes.
No phone calls please.