Bilingual Legal Advocate/ Navigator
- Experience Level
Mosaic Georgia provides services which enhance safety, healing, and justice for people of all ages impacted by sexual violence and abuse; works to eliminate the social conditions that allow for violence; and delivers professional training that build the capacity of local community response to victims.
Bilingual Legal Advocate/ Navigator- This position provides legal and criminal justice system advocacy services for victims and families served by Mosaic Georgia. The bilingual Legal Advocate/Navigator will provide direct assistance for victims and families with issue identification and resources necessary to assist victims work toward economic independence and self-sufficiency after surviving sexual assault or stalking. This is a highly collaborative position that works closely with victims/families; law enforcement agencies; Crime Victims Compensation; schools; numerous social service agencies.
This is a full-time exempt position and reports directly to the Director of Legal Services. Position funded by federal Legal Assistance for Victims grant from the Office of Violence Against Women of the US Department of Justice.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred: preferably in law; public administration; criminal justice; social and behavioral sciences; or related field.
- Bilingual and fluent (reading, writing, conversation) in English and another language (preferably Spanish).
- At least 1 to 3 years’ direct-victim service experience in child sexual abuse; sexual assault/domestic violence.
- Above average working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint. Knowledge of case tracking management systems i.e. Justice Server, Collaborate and CaseWorthy.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must live within a close geographic distance to the center in Duluth, GA and be able to respond to the center within 45 minutes.
No phone calls please.