SSVF Housing Specialist - Part-time (25 hours per week)
- Position Type
- Part Time
Job Title: SSVF Housing Specialist (Part-time – Savannah / Hinesville)
Department: Client Services Department – Changing Homelessness
Employee Type: Part-time, Hourly
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Salary Range: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour (Part-Time = 25 hours per week)
Reports to: Client Services Team Lead
The SSVF Housing Specialist position will be integral to ending Veteran homelessness in the communities Changing Homelessness, Inc. serves. This is a part-time position based out of Savannah and will serve both the Savannah and Hinesville areas. The role’s primary focus is on the identification of new property managers and housing stock that will be willing to house Veterans experiencing homelessness. To accomplish this goal, the job functions could include, but not be limited to, conducting in-person and electronic research to identify housing, attending housing group meetings, conducting training of direct service staff to supplement location efforts, and hosting landlord events.
- Proactively seek out new housing opportunities for Veterans experiencing homelessness
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with landlords and property managers (private, commercial, and non-profit) through regular contact and positive engagement.
- Establish standards for affordable safe housing and create a vetting process for landlords and property management companies.
- Create and maintain a Housing Directory of available housing units and housing providers to be sent to the SSVF Case Managers
- Provide consistent updates on housing availability to the SSVF Case Managers.
- Give regular updates to regular stakeholder groups, including SSVF/Built for Zero meetings and Continuum of Care committee meetings
- Research, develop and maintain knowledge of landlord/tenant laws.
- Provided training to SSVF Case Managers on housing location best practices, housing inspections, etc.
- Investigate tenant/landlord complaints and facilitate conflict resolution between parties involved.
- Act as liaison between landlord, client, and the SSVF Case Manager, as needed
- Demonstrates a commitment to Housing First and to serve all people with respect and compassion.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant social services experience
- Successfully pass Level 2 background check and drug screening
- Real estate or property management experience preferred
- Past experience with homelessness preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Housing First orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Public Speaking and meeting facilitation
- Computer skills
- Organizational and Time Management skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Systems and expertise working/meeting virtually
- HMIS database management input and reporting
Changing Homelessness, Inc. is an E-Verify participating employer.
Changing Homelessness, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.