Stewardship and Prospecting Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
STEWARDSHIP & PROSPECTING MANAGER
The Stewardship and Prospecting Manager will be charged with developing and managing a strong cultivation and stewardship programs for all individual and corporate donors. This position will oversee direct mail, all online giving platforms, e-mail solicitation strategies and data analytics with the donor database system. The Stewardship & Prospecting Manager will focus on strategically expanding the organization's internal management of donor stewardship and expansion with a goal of significantly increasing the base of individual and corporate gifts. Reporting to the Vice President, the Stewardship & Prospecting Manager will play an important role in helping the organization reach its multi-million-dollar campaign goal. The ideal candidate is a creative and strategic thinker with both proven and innovative methods to acquire, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Expand and lead a comprehensive, innovative stewardship program to develop individual donors, corporate donors and 360-degree evaluation of current donors.
- Work closely to realize development department strategies and KPI’s by realizing donors e-campaigns, direct mail campaigns, increasing average gift amounts of current donors and expansion of new donors.
- Work closely with the Annual Giving Manager and other staff to develop fundraising strategies and integrate with organization-wide programs.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and creativity.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal gifts and corporate gifts.
- Lead and oversee the daily operation of the donor database (Donor Perfect), which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on donors and stakeholders.
- Provides excellent donor-centric service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our donors.
- Ensures that all donors are properly acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Design campaign materials and revise when necessary for distribution to patrons and donor prospects.
- Collaborate with other members of the Development and Communications teams on the planning and production of special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 year’s development experience working in annual giving programs.
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to creatively and persuasively convey messages to various audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, analytical, and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy and oversee donor database.
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point & Publisher.
- Experience with Donor Perfect or other donor data base is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision/403 plan with employer match.