Manager of Strategic Partnerships
- Experience Level
WHO WE ARE
Since 1981, Families USA Foundation has been a leading national voice for health care consumers. Through our long-standing relationships of consumer leaders, advocates, and partner organizations across all 50 states and the District of Columbia, we have remained steadfast in our mission – Dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable healthcare and improved health for all. We advance our mission through public policy analysis, advocacy, and collaboration with partners to promote a patient and community-centered health system.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager supports projects and manages teams that advance Families USA’s work within the four core focus areas of health care value, equity, consumer experience, and coverage. Central to this role is an individual’s ability to contribute to the advocacy strategy of a project and their deep understanding of the stakeholder landscape and how to tactically navigate and activate various stakeholder segments at both the grasstops and grassroots levels. This individual possesses good political judgement, is passionate about developing strong relationships with partners across the country, knows how to motivate colleagues and teams, and possesses the ability to be strategic and see the larger picture and identify broad goals, while simultaneously diving into the weeds to execute on key objectives.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships in managing partnership building functions in the Department and for assigned campaigns and projects, which includes partnership identification, outreach, and maintenance at both state and national level.
- Track and analyze state-level trends/legislation/policy/politics (news scanning, web research, additional phone calls) related to the healthcare landscape, with a specific focus on activity related to project and campaign work.
- Develop series of collateral including, fact sheets, issue briefs, blogs, talking points, comparison spreadsheets, resource lists, and other products.
- Partner with the Director of Strategic Partnerships in providing project support for various campaigns, coalitions, and activities, which includes initiating development of overall advocacy strategies, project plans, and timelines.
- Coordinate and collaborate work with internal departments (Communications, Federal Affairs, Health Policy) to execute grant deliverables and provide strategy and policy assistance for various campaigns and projects.
- Contribute to brainstorming and creative thinking surrounding events and activities, such as content and partnership engagement ahead of the annual Health Action Conference.
- Provide technical assistance, public speaking, in-person travel, related to specific campaign or project work.
Master’s degree preferred (but not required) in public health, public administration, public policy or related field with 3 to 5 years’ experience working on health advocacy at a non-profit or lobbying firm, consulting on health policy, or working for the federal government. A solid understanding of the health justice movement and health equity is a plus, as is campaign experience in a strategic, operational, or field capacity. A passion for social justice and for the mission of Families USA.
We offer a dynamic, empowering, and collaborative work environment that allows staff to reach their full potential. We offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and life, matching 403(b) plan, 3+ weeks’ vacation, nine (9) Federal holidays and our office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, onsite fitness center, and many more exciting benefit programs.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage qualified candidates to apply online at Families USA’s website and include in your application: your cover letter, resume, and desired salary. Direct hire only – no recruiters. EEO.