- Experience Level
Position: Research Associate
Location: Washington, DC or New York, New York
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Rapid Response Research and Communications Director
Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. Accountable.US seeks a Research Associate to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance. He or she will be responsible for providing research support and capacity to Accountable.US’s numerous projects.
The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though research projects may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work as part of a team to produce research reports on government accountability issues.
- Independently monitor relevant news and pitch larger research projects.
- Draft and follow up on public records requests, as well as analyzing results of these requests.
- Clearly report research findings to senior staff both orally and in written form.
- Attend in-person events on issues of importance to Accountable.US.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least 2 years of experience in research or related field. This could include political advocacy, campaign or public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill or in government;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound judgment and discerning eye;
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter;
- Immaculate attention to detail;
- Commitment to government accountability; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Associate” in subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.