Assistant Manager - Buckhead THRIFTique
- Position Type
- Full Time
Buckhead THRIFTique is a thrift boutique benefiting Buckhead Christian Ministry (BCM). Buckhead THRIFTique recently underwent a major renovation which has doubled our square footage and tripled the sales floor layout. Buckhead THRIFTique provides free clothing to community members in need as well as affordable accessories, clothing, furniture, and household goods to the public. All profits from Buckhead THRIFTique fund BCM’s programs which work to keep people from becoming homeless and work to elevate their possibilities for economic empowerment.
We are seeking an Assistant Manager to help manage our recent expansion. An Assistant Manager is responsible for partnering with the Store Director, other Managers, and lead other employees and volunteers and deliver a profitable store. Under general supervision, as an Assistant Manager, you lead by example; you provide and teach a best-in-class service to clients, both internal (employees and volunteers) and external (clients). You ensure the workplace is ready for success – keeping it organized, informed, drama-free, and ready for the days and weeks ahead. You ensure everyone on our team is empowered with the tools, information, and confidence they need to deliver a stellar experience to every client who walks into Buckhead THRIFTique’s doors.
- People Leader: the capacity to lead and influence others to reach common goals, in addition to identifying great talent
- Problem Solver: focus on the main objective, identify trends, get to the bottom of problems, and then solve the problem with sustainable solutions
- Change Maker: constantly looking for ways to improve current way of doing things, never settles
- High Standards: strong ability to set a high standard and drive ongoing execution on behalf of self and broader team and organization
- Results Driven: focused on execution and driving outcomes with others; has strong ability to prioritize, project manage and drive organization to specific and measurable results
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve with the
- Self-starter: takes initiative, thinks of big picture, relays shops needs and communicates with the team
- Collaborative: actively collaborates to drive your shop strategy and achieve results
- Emotional Intelligence: Ability to recognize, understand, and manage feelings/emotions to effectively lead your team
- Ability to maneuver around store and office; work around and lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, to meet the needs of the business including nights, weekends, holidays
- Lead and train staff, volunteers and community groups to ensure adherence to Buckhead Christian Ministry and Buckhead THRIFTique policies and procedures
- Handles routine customer service inquiries, complaints and questions; refer problems to Store Director
- Lead our team on store sales goals, provide expertise to deliver a profitable store
- Ensure merchandise is accurately priced for sale at Buckhead THRIFTique.
- Lead procurement of necessary items, including restocking needs
- Collaborate with management to create and implement sales projects
- Collaborates and assists with advertisements and promotions
- Enforces agency policies and procedures
- Acts in the Store Director’s absence as needed
- Assist in the development of business plans to achieve shop forecasts and goals
- Drive revenue through scheduling optimization and shop utilization
- Partner with Marketing to develop new client acquisition and retention plans
- Help manage the shop’s P&L to increase revenue and manage expenses
- Handles/oversees cash and daily receipts according to Agency policy
- Answer phone calls and respond to store-related emails and other communications
- Receives shipments from the main processing plant; checks merchandise against invoices and reports discrepancies and problems to the Store Manager
- Ensures physical location is properly maintained, including managing custodial staff
- Provides loss prevention training as required.
- Perform other duties and tasks as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of FOUR (4) years of experience in retail sales
- Minimum of TWO (2) year management experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions and procedures. Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow-up on all store activities
- Must be able to stand continuously, and squat, bend, lift up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint, Social Media (Facebook and InstaGram) and POS databases
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Local travel may be required
- Able to stand for long periods and lift at least 30lbs
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Public Relations, Marketing or Communications experience is a plus, but, not required
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, individuals with disabilities, and equally to disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- Enjoys building and foster relationships with employees and clients
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit a resume, cover letter, salary history and three professional references via email to THRIFTique@bcmatlanta.org. Please put “Assistant Store Manager” in the subject line. NO CALLS PLEASE.