Special Events Manager
- Experience Level
Special Events Manager
Reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Special Events Manager will provide broad support for CURE events. The Special Events Manager will be responsible for planning and executing a successful Lauren’s Run and the CURE Childhood Cancer Annual Picnic, overseeing and supporting community events and fundraisers and leading Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs.
- Work closely with Director of Special Events and Executive Director to plan and execute all elements of Lauren’s Run and the CURE Childhood Cancer Annual Picnic, including logistics, sponsorship and in-kind donation solicitation and stewardship, vendor coordination, and volunteer management;
- Oversee all aspects of run team recruitment and fundraising for Lauren’s Run and the CURE Childhood Cancer Annual Picnic, including conducting kick-offs, lunch and learns, and registration drives.
- Serve as the primary contact and fundraising coach to answer questions and requests related to Lauren’s Run and the CURE Childhood Cancer Annual Picnic.
- Meet and exceed budgeted fundraising goals; responsible for event budget tracking and reconciliation, including data entry and organization;
- Independently manage community fundraisers and events, steward and cultivate event organizers, and serve as primary relationship manager;
- Attend and represent CURE at community events throughout the year;
- Plan and execute Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs, including gold bow program and community partner initiatives;
- Support Director of Special Events as needed with signature events;
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, Executive Director and/or Director of Special Events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years successful experience in developing and executing revenue-generating special events;
- Experience with charity walk or run planning strongly preferred;
- Successful experience in managing and executing a strategic full-cycle fundraising event plan;
- Ability to manage, motivate and work strategically with volunteers for a positive and productive experience; exceptional relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks effectively; superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must;
- Evidence of strong initiative, self-direction, flexibility, and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner; ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, vendors, donors and volunteers;
- Comprehensive understanding of budgeting and accounting principles;
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of fundraising software;
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment and maintain flexibility; willingness to quickly adapt to change;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor and strong work ethic.
**Please submit resume and cover letter (required) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.