FT Volunteer Coordinator
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION: As a Volunteer Coordinator, will support the Volunteer Team in the production of acknowledgements, community outreach, and preparation of items for monthly and/or annual events, organizing and managing individual volunteers acting as a community liaison to local churches and/or organizations and donor stewardship. The Volunteer Coordinator will gain experience in public speaking engagements, event planning, and maintaining a database (Donor Perfect) of individual and corporate donors, as well as recruiting and maintaining relationship with volunteers and donors. This role will work closely with individual volunteers, our women’s guild and related events, and our in-kind needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual/quarterly plans to forecast demand for volunteer services.
- Develop annual/quarterly outreach and communications plans to identify prospects and recruitment goals.
- Annual Covey Guild calendar and leadership
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers.
- Responsible for processing in-kind donations, including acknowledgements.
- Responsible for soliciting volunteers to participate in the monthly meal donation program
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image of the organization; solicit and encourage businesses, organizations, associations and groups who volunteer and/or provide in-kind donations.
- Coordinate staff and/or volunteer support to internal or external special events as needed.
- Solicit in-kind donations of clothing, furniture, etc. throughout the year and at Christmas.
- Develop training/outreach materials to effectively conduct orientations, tours and training sessions.
- Represent the organization in public meetings and presentations to the community.
- Develop and implement processes that enable Volunteer Services to effectively and efficiently recruit and retain volunteers from corporate, religious, non-profit, and education resources.
- Direct the execution of an effective on-line presence for volunteer activities.
- Work with Advancement to develop volunteer-to-donor and donor-to-volunteer initiatives. Aim to increase individual donations from volunteers in appropriate ways.
- Develop a “skill based” professional group of volunteers to meet the unique needs of a growing organization.
- Reporting of monthly and/or quarterly reporting and reconciling with accounting
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: oversees volunteers as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor Degree or higher preferred; 1-2 years of experience with coordinating volunteer efforts and/or working in the non-profit sector.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Effectively communicate verbally with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Work sitting, standing, and/or walking a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Lift and move items typically weighing 5-35 pounds.
- Uphold Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times.
- Model appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere.
- Work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons (valid Georgia driver’s license with acceptable driving record required).
- Travel as needed for training or to fulfill job requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.