- Experience Level
Valdosta-Lowndes County Habitat for Humanity Affiliate is looking for a new Executive Director. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient financial, operational, and administrative management of Valdosta-Lowndes County Habitat for Humanity (VLCHFH). The Executive Director provides overall leadership for VLCHFH in accordance with the policies, objectives, and directions of the Board of Directors.
- Experience and Education Requirements:
Minimum 5 years experience with a bachelor degree (4 year)-Master’s preferred.
- Specialization in communications / public relations, business, or non-profit administration preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with people of all social, economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds within our community.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, the public, local government, and community service agencies.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and processes and the ability to develop working relationships with potential funding sources.
- Ability to communicate Valdosta-Lowndes Habitat for Humanity program and mission clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings and to a variety of constituencies.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sex Offender Check.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Administration and Management
- Oversee implementation of affiliate policies and procedures for the affiliate, outlying community extensions and ReStore. Responsible for public accountability of the organization and implementation of policies adopted by the Board.
- Serve as the communication link between the Board, the Executive Committee and other ad-hoc committees. Works directly with BOD in setting agendas and strategic plans for the Affiliate.
- Supervise and assess performance of all long and short-term staff. (Affiliate, ReStore, VISTA, AmeriCorps, interns, etc.) Performs screening, hiring and termination of staff.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Operations Director, including working knowledge of site progress to ensure that houses are built within time and budgetary parameters.
- Provide oversight to Habitat ReStore by coordinating with the ReStore Director to see that the policies, procedures, goals and mission of the ReStore are effectively carried out.
- Authorize expenditures within the guidelines set by the Board of Directors.
- Consult with Treasurer and Accountant on payment of bills and other financial reports as needed for Board Meetings, grants and funding sources.
- Prepare agenda for Executive Committee meetings with the Board Chairperson.
- Prepare monthly report for Board of Directors Meeting.
- Serve as liaison between Habitat for Humanity International/Habitat for Humanity of Georgia and local affiliate.
- Assist the Board with long-term planning through the creation and implementation of a Strategic Plan.
- Assist Board/nominating committee in recruiting and training new Board members.
- Develops and implements strategies for short range and long-range growth plans for the affiliate including acquisition of land.
- Assist in identifying funding, grant sources, and annual audit
- Provide leadership for solicitation of major gifts, including identifying and meeting with major corporate and individual donors.
- Cultivate in-kind materials and land donations whenever possible and report all real and potential donations to appropriate committee chairperson.
- Serve as a consultant to help implement fund raising programs such as special events, direct mail and alternative financing programs.
- Assist Treasurer and Accountant in developing the yearly budgets.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in development of regular media releases.
- Expand VLCHFH visibility and partnerships in the community. This would include outreach to all local religious, business, civic and volunteer organizations, foundations or other charitable giving organizations as well as other government and non-government housing and human services organizations.
- Develop relationship with local media outlets.
- Oversees production of all marketing materials, including a periodic newsletter, weekly facebook posts, and materials targeting house sponsorship, donors and volunteer base.
- Oversees volunteer recognition/appreciation programs and events.
To be considered for this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED.