Director of Billing & Reimbursement
- Experience Level
Abode Services is pleased to announce a new opportunity:
Director of Billing & Reimbursement
$115,000 - $135,000
During the pandemic, Abode Services has been deemed an essential services agency, and as such has remained open in order to continue to serve our participants and our communities. We have always prioritized employees’ health and safety and continue to do so during the COVID-19 health crisis by providing staff and participants with necessary PPE. We have established social distancing protocols that are practiced in the workplace. Abode has also implemented the use of a health self-check-in platform as an additional step to ensure staff and participant wellness during the coronavirus pandemic.
The health and safety of employees and their families and our participants is of utmost importance and we will continue to practice all Health Department recommended behaviors as a means of sustaining our community’s wellbeing.
To end homelessness by assisting low-income, unhoused people, including those with special needs, to secure stable, supportive housing and to be advocates for the removal of the causes of homelessness.
What We Do:
Abode Services is passionate about ending homelessness for all. We are passionate about our mission and believe everyone should have a home. Founded as a small, shelter-based organization almost 30 years ago, Abode Services has grown into one of the largest and most impactful providers of housing and services in the Bay Area. We are a Housing First agency, which means that all of our programs (even our “front door” crisis responses programs) are geared toward connecting people as quickly as possible to permanent housing, minimizing or eliminating barriers to care, and providing non-judgmental and compassionate services to ensure that even the most vulnerable households can access housing and services. Please visit abodeservices.org for more information.
Abode provides services in six bay area counties: Alameda, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz.
About the Job:
You would be a member of the Senior Management team, and will assist the agency in accomplishing our mission to end homelessness. As a part of the Senior Management team, you would be a leader committed to excellence and the growth of a dynamic agency that is continually changing to meet the needs of those we serve. You would be responsible for the oversight of billing, collections, and budget preparation as related to government contracts.
How You Will Lead:
- Spearhead and manage the billing of all government contracts, advising supervisors on the day-to-day implementation and interpretation of changes to ensure that all policies and procedures meet compliance.
- Serve as the agency liaison and primary interface for funders on all items related to invoicing, including our 120+ government contracts.
- Maintain days in accounts receivable and unbilled levels at below industry standards.
- Direct supervision of twelve to fifteen staff--supporting those staff by continually developing and training staff skills and knowledge in billing & compliance requirements and goals.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or comparable field.
- At least five years of experience in a healthcare or social services industry with emphasis in billing, collections, and contract compliance.
- Minimum of three years director level experience in social services contract billing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volume, complex contracts
- Knowledge of third-party requirements, MediCal/Medicaid regulations, and electronic filing of claims.
- Strong understanding of HUD regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Windows-based PC operating system, billing software, and Excel.
- Proven ability to dissect and interpret contracts.
- Experience leading in a scaling agency with significant budget growth.
- Hands-on leader with integrity.
- Passion for our mission.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor!
You’ll Love Working Here Because:
- 100% paid health benefits
- Agency dependent health care contribution
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match and contribution programs
- 31 PTO days/holidays per year, increasing with tenure
- Professional development opportunities and thought partnership opportunities with other national leaders
- Being a part of a dynamic, mission driven, growth-minded, Senior Management team.
- Working at a double bottom line agency—with both an exceptional track record of fiscal sustainability and quality services to the communities served. Note 4-star Charity Navigator designation for 14+ years.
- Pet-friendly work environment
You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Accountability: Take responsibility of our promises, words, and actions.
- Integrity: Honesty with each other and our data.
- Respect: Listen, learn, and be kind to all without judgement.
- Commitment: Believe in our mission, practice it with passion.
- Creativity: Try new things and have the courage to make mistakes.
The Diverse Culture:
We believe that we make better decisions and provide quality services when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. People of color make up nearly 70% of our workforce and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all backgrounds.