Contact Tracing Program Manager
- Experience Level
Contact Tracing Program Manager
As the COVID-19 outbreak spread across the US and many areas have struggled to respond to the needs for testing and contact tracing, CORE has stepped up to provide assistance to public health systems. Our first line of response has been testing, in large volume drive-through sites and mobile sites at the community level targeted towards underserved populations. Building on that successful implementation, we are taking the next step in disease containment to assist public health departments with contact tracing. We are intentionally focused on reaching individuals who have been non-responsive to phone-based contact tracing efforts by implementing a targeted and holistic home visit contact tracing approach. Our initial geographic focus for this effort in LA is Boyle Heights, but our intention is to broaden the support to other neighborhoods in the city.
The Contact Tracing Program Manager will join a fast paced and dynamic team supporting a new COVID-19 home visit contact tracing pilot project in Los Angeles. The Program Manager will work closely with the CORE Los Angeles Area Director and Director of Contact Tracing, as well as with the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LA DPH) team, to design, implement, and evaluate a 6-month home visit contact tracing program in Boyle Heights, LA, based on our program in Georgia. The Program Manager will also support the expansion of CORE’s contact tracing programming to other areas of LA as needed. This position is contingent upon award of a grant from LA County, and work will require working in-person.
- Lead the design and work planning for the home visit contact tracing pilot project in Boyle Heights.
- Lead rapid mobilization efforts in preparation for the launch of the project. Specific activities will include: recruiting and training staff; coordinating with the logistics manager to prepare equipment and supplies; developing work flows and schedules; coordinating with the data management specialist to adapt data management systems; developing protocols for all activities; and adapting and translating existing training materials and communication materials for the Boyle Heights context.
- Manage implementation of the project, including day-to-day management of the home visit contact tracing teams, resource coordinators, community mobilizers, logistics manager, and safety liaison.
- Review, synthesize, and analyze data to monitor project performance, identify challenges and bottlenecks, and inform the development of solutions.
- Establish collaborative relationships with the LA DPH, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate meetings among the project partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare donor reports and other external program reports as needed.
- Provide regular updates on project status during weekly leadership meetings.
- Support LA Area Director and Director of Contact Tracing with the development of proposals.
- Lead the expansion of the CORE’s contact tracing portfolio in LA.
- Collaborate with community engagement and communications teams.
- Share lessons learned with other Contact Tracing Program Managers within CORE.
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed.
- Master’s in Public Health (or related field) strongly preferred.
- Highly capable manager with at least five years of project management experience with public health programs (either in the US or internationally), preferably related to infectious disease control.
- Experience working with underserved communities.
- Experience conducting contact tracing preferred but not required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging environment
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude, empathy, and strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor and flexibility in the face of rapidly evolving scope of work and new challenges
- Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and health equity
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) programs strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; experience in other data synthesis and visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau) a plus
CORE is an international humanitarian organization committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. CORE works with local communities and governments to build local capacity and address the problems they prioritize.
CORE is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of CORE not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.