Director of Operations and Finance
- Degree Level
The Director of Operations and Finance will work directly with CEO on the efficiencies and effectiveness of The Place. Primarily responsible for financial and operational oversight of select programs of the organization along with expansion planning and budgets.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000 with benefits after 60 days. Send resumes to Joni Smith, CEO email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to CEO on all operational and assigned program issues; and, to provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of The Place’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with CEO and agency Management team to establish and accomplish annual goals and objectives as well as strategic plans for The Place
- Implement the goals and report quarterly on progress
- Responsible for all daily operations of The Place, including IT, retail operations, facilities management, food services and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the maintenance of facilities, grounds and vehicles
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment for all departments.
- Oversee and train all departments on fiscal accountability.
- Develop and implement strategies, procedures, and business plans needed to enhance company growth
- Review operating results, compared with established objectives, and implement appropriate measures to enhance outcomes.
- Perform employee reviews and developing corrective action plans if needed
- Coordinate agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures monthly
- Represent The Place in a professional manner with various local, state and national organizations through attending meetings and conferences when requested by the CEO.
- Meet with Program Directors on regular basis to review all program matters, including budget fiduciary compliance.
- Manage The Place in the absence of the CEO.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or another relevant field, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial and financial oversight experience, over 5 preferred
- Management of multiple departments or services required.
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Solid understanding of staff management, industry specifics and business strategies
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Superior management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Experience with process improvement preferred
- Ability to work independently required