Manager of Major Gifts
- Experience Level
Atlanta Community Food Bank
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
The Manager of Major Gifts will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors to expand their financial support of the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
The Manager of Major Gifts will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects, including unrestricted, restricted and capital projects. The Manager of Major Gifts will also promote planned giving opportunities with their portfolio. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Individual Giving.
What You’ll Do:
Fundraising & Strategic Portfolio Management
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified major donors and prospects, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 relationships to meet annual revenue goals
- Conduct and coordinate face-to-face visits, cultivation events and other activities to build meaningful personal relationships with donors
- Guide the development of personalized donor proposals, presentations and reports as needed, aligning the donor’s areas of interest with the Food Bank’s programs and objectives
- Identify potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partner with Senior Manager of Individual Giving to solicit those prospects.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
Data Management & Reporting
- Record all significant donor interactions in donor database according to moves management guidelines
- Work with Donor Services team to maintain donor records and ensure appropriate coding for reporting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications and continued cultivation.
- Assist in donor and prospect research
- Provide accurate and timely activity, pipeline, and revenue reports as needed
Build and Nurture Relationships
- Engage volunteers, board members and staff in the donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving team and Prospect Researcher to analyze portfolios, identify prospects, develop solicitation strategies, and strengthen the Food Bank’s overall donor pipeline
- Passionately represent the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s mission, programs and message with stakeholders and actively network within the community to activate support behind our mission
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in major gifts
- Excellent presentation and personal communication skills
- Proven experience in cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of five and six figure gifts
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience with Raisers Edge
- Passion for mission of Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Understanding of the issues of hunger and poverty
This role may be a fit for you if you have:
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship.
- Understanding of the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and the Food Bank
- Incredible relationship-building skills, able to comfortably interface with high-wealth individuals
- The ability to articulate the case for support so that individuals buy in to the vision/mission/goals and with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts at assigned donor giving levels
- Basic understanding of customer contact or CRM systems and fundraising database programs and software
And You'll Love this Position if You Are:
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Strong team player and ability to work collaboratively
- Optimistic with a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
There may be some Physical Demands and Travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift 10 -20 lbs.
- Expected travel time for this position is minimal. Must be able to travel around the metropolitan Atlanta region. Weekend and evening work within a flexible schedule.