Marketing Communications Assistant
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Would you like to be part of an energetic, inspired, and creative team that is making a huge difference in our world?
Are you a systematic and detail-oriented person who loves to fuel the success of your team? Does the creative and strategic part of marketing excite you? Do you enjoy being the person who makes sure things stay on track? Do you love to meet goals and cross things off your list? Does working with databases, technology, timelines, and spreadsheets excite you?
What if you could take all your marketing/administrative gifts, talents and experience and use them to help save the world? You can! Plant with Purpose is a global Christian organization that addresses issues of deforestation and climate change, while empowering people to lift their communities out of rural poverty.
For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in operating at the nexus of Environmental Restoration, Economic Development, and Spiritual Impact. We believe that we honor God when we honor people and our planet. Come join our growing team and make a difference at this critical time in human history.
Plant With Purpose Thrive25 Strategy Statement: Inspired by the impact of our work in service to rural communities around the world, we feel compelled to grow our programs to help address the rising need. By 2025, we plan to work in 10 countries, 60 watersheds, and with over 100,000 families. Our revenue will exceed $10 million as we seek to become the premier organization operating at the nexus of environmental restoration and poverty alleviation.
On July 1, 2020 we launched a new strategic period where we plan to grow 80% over the next 5 years. Our previous strategic period focused heavily on building a fundraising infrastructure to grow major gifts. We are now investing in bringing our marketing efforts to the same high standard. We envision a strong marketing program attracting a strong national audience, which builds the Plant With Purpose brand and fills the top end of a fundraising funnel, some of which will feed into our fundraising efforts.
As the Marketing Communications Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the marketing team through project management, marketing technology and analytics, content development, and event management.
As a member of the marketing team, you will report to the Marketing & Communications Manager. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Putting into practice your project management skills. You will ensure the timely delivery and quality of marketing projects through effective process management and leadership. These projects will include digital campaigns, scheduled content, print production (annual report, donor reports, newsletter, prayer letters, etc.), event management, and more.
- Administering marketing technology. You will be the team expert on various tech platforms utilized by the marketing team, such as Basecamp, Loomly, Wordpress, Zapier, MailChimp, and Bloomerang.
- Performing marketing analytics. You will be the key person in charge of maintaining the marketing dashboard by tracking key analytics in relation to your team, department, and organizational goals. You will work with team members to ensure the roll-up of these analytics to the larger donor dashboard and organizational metrics.
- Creating and editing content. You will support the development of marketing initiatives through the creation of emails, letters, social posts, descriptions, etc. as requested. You will put your editing acumen to use by the review and proofreading of our marketing content to ensure accuracy and quality control. You will do this effectively by increasing your expertise of the work of Plant with Purpose and the subjects germane to that work including global development, deforestation, climate change, regenerative agriculture, etc.
- Contributing to overall marketing team initiatives. You will participate in, and execute on, various marketing team initiatives such as campaigns, events, and asset production. You will provide key leadership on local and national fundraising and marketing events, such as our annual gala. And as volunteers are key contributors to the success of our local events, you will oversee and support volunteer activities.
WHAT WE'LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
- You have 2-3 years of marketing experience, preferably focused on marketing technology and content development
- You have a deep commitment to the professional quality of your work
- You have strong project management skills, including time management, organizational skills, and effectively communicating with other team members.
- You are highly conversant with the systems for managing and moving data between spreadsheets and cloud-based software
- You have consistently been acknowledged over the years for your high level of attention to details when dealing with projects, data and administration
- You thrive in an environment based on routine, that is supplemented with larger one-time projects and team collaboration
- You are a tech savvy individual and not afraid to dive in to master new platforms.
- You are fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google Suite products (GDrive, GDocs, GSheets).
- You are willing to occasionally work overtime as needed
- You are eligible to work legally in the United States without employer sponsorship
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- You have familiarity with our technology platforms: MacOS/Hardware, Adobe CS, Bloomerang, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Loomly, and/or Zapier.
- You have previous marketing agency or corporate departmental experience
- You have experience in conducting market research
- You have knowledge of Christian Churches, faith-based non-profits, and Christian theology
We are a collaborative, interdependent team that relies on relating and supporting each other to achieve our goals. Through the way we live within and shape our culture, we seek to build community and a sense of belonging in our local, national, and global families. Working on the Plant With Purpose team as the Marketing Communications Assistant will require you to be a communicator, a learner, a servant leader, and an includer in the following ways:
- You have a deep connection with the holistic mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- You have a personal alignment with our organizational core values of faith, collaboration, empowerment, innovation, stewardship, and sustainability
- You have a love for humanity, including those who live in poverty, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or culture
- You intentionally build community and a team mentality by pursuing the "we" over the "me"
- You understand the priority of relationships in getting work done
- You reflexively express gratitude and growth-oriented feedback
- You accept feedback with a growth mindset
- You listen with an intent to understand by asking clarifying questions
- You seek out learning and development opportunities for yourself
- You strive to be an inclusive person by being aware of the existence and impact of your unconscious biases, and working daily to check them
Dependent on geographical location, experience, and skillset. Range is available upon request.
- Health, dental, and vision insurances
- Group life insurance
- 401k match, up to 8%, after 6 months of employment
- 15 paid vacation days
- 8 paid sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Visits to international programs, as arranged with supervisor (Due to COVID-19, international travel is cancelled. Once travel restrictions are released, these can be discussed with your direct supervisor)
START DATE: Ideally between January 15 - February 15, 2021
This position is based out of San Diego.
APPLY BY: December 14, 2020
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply on our website at plantwithpurpose.org/careers. Please include a Cover Letter with your application that shows us how you are a great fit for this position, the organization, and our culture. Even though we are in the middle of COVID-19 and office closures, we are conducting virtual interviews in order to keep our candidates and employees safe.
Plant With Purpose is an EEO/AA employer by choice.
If you need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, please email Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls please.