- Experience Level
Georgia Legal Services Program is in need of a self-motivated and experienced Human Resources Coordinator to support our busy HR office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of HR in multiple functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with and report to the Human Resources Director regarding all HR endeavors
- Support HR Director in educating employees on and enforcing organizational policies
- Assist in the full hiring process of employees, including recruitment, job posting, interviews, verifying work-history, and references.
- Help with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Make sure all health and safety regulations are followed as Chair of the Statewide Safety Committee
- Prepare materials and help organize employee performance reviews
- Present any new or additional training materials to employees
- Under the leadership of the HR Director, be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have
- Support any other special projects the HR Director needs assistance with
Human Resources Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking
- Good time-management skills
- Positive and personable demeanor
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent collaborator
- Attentive listener
- Ability to follow directions accurately and without hesitation
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- HR competence and knowledge of HR process and computer programs
- Understanding, empathetic and relatable
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Administrator and coordinator experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in HR work
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable and personable; enjoy working with a diverse range of individuals and ensuring employee requirements and needs are met first
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications; GLSP offers excellent fringe benefits. A statement of interest and resume should be submitted to https://www.glsp.org/join-the-team/.
GLSP is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Georgia Legal Services Program not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. GLSP values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and people who have experienced poverty or homelessness to apply. GLSP invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.