- Degree Level
Despite the challenges caused by COVID-19, we are seeing the interest in digital marketing stay consistent and continue to bring new clients. As a result, we’re expanding our team with 2-3 new Copywriters to start in November, December, or January.
About the company & position
Nexus Marketing is an online marketing agency focused on helping businesses market their products and services that power social good and create a better world.
We're looking for an Atlanta-based writer to join our team as a full-time Copywriter.
This position is a great way for recent college graduates to start their careers in online marketing, as Nexus Marketing provides team members with additional training opportunities and potential to grow within the company.
This individual will be responsible for researching and writing educational content on a variety of topics related to social good.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and a desire to learn more about online marketing and SEO.
Writing is a fundamental part of this position. If the idea of writing for 40-45 hours a week doesn’t excite you, this role will not be a good fit.
Nexus Marketing is located in Atlanta with all of our team members located in the metro area. We’re currently working remotely but plan to re-open the office in Spring 2021.
Company website: https://www.nexusmarketing.com/
Tips on applying for the writing position:
- Resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Links to writing samples should be included in the cover letter.
What excites us (Qualifications):
- A love of writing (95% of the job will be writing, so this is a must).
- 1-2 years of writing experience (blogging, participation in student newspaper/literary magazine, writing internships, etc.).
- Frighteningly good attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.Strong academic performance: overall 3.8 GPA minimum.
What excites you (Responsibilities):
- Researching a variety of topics with limited oversight.
- Conceptualizing, writing, and editing marketing and educational content including blog articles, web pages, and downloadable resources.
- Managing and prioritizing work for multiple projects in order to meet defined deadlines.
- Working and communicating well within a team.
- You love the idea of giving back to the community and nonprofits. Since we work with mission-driven companies our business is focused on helping nonprofits succeed.
- You must be extremely comfortable with change. As a small growing company, decisions can be made over a weekend and fully implemented by early the next week. Whether that's new systems, new processes, or new approaches, we look for individuals who can adapt and thrive.
- You must believe that the best contributors should get better rewards. As a company, we believe in paying people based on the value they generate at the business.
- You must be willing to disagree and commit. As a growing business, there will be lots of decisions that get made and changes that occur during your time at the company. Some of which you'll agree with and some you won't, we strongly believe that the best team members have the ability to disagree and commit (i.e., going with a decision after it has been made regardless of whether or not you agree).
- You must believe the status quo is unacceptable. As a growing company and as individuals, we believe the status quo is unacceptable. Everyone should be relentless in striving to be the best version of themselves and figure out ways to create more value at the company and grow professionally.
Financial compensation includes:
- Base salary of $40,000 per year.
- One-time additional $1,000 payment on your 1st paycheck, dependent upon a start date. If you don’t stay with the company for 2 full years, you’ll need to repay this in full.
- Monthly stipend of $100 for health insurance if you choose not to enroll in the company’s healthcare plan.
- Eligible for bonus based on client and/or company performance. Your bonus range is $0 - $16,000 per year with a target of $8,000.
- 25% of the Bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2021 (target $2,000)
- 75% of the Bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2022 (target $6,000)
- You will accrue 20 vacation days and 5 sick days off annually plus 7 company holidays.
- You will accrue 10 life leave days per year. These days may be used during the year, rolled over into next year, or redeemed for their cash value 1x per year.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Vision)
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Matching gift program (1:1 match)
- Individual / Group volunteer grant program
- Fundraising sponsorship for run / walk / rides
- Grants for serving on nonprofit boards
- Weekly team building or learn & learn events