ENTRY-LEVEL MARKETING SPECIALIST
- Experience Level
Despite the challenges caused by COVID-19, we are seeing the interest in digital marketing stay consistent and continue to bring new clients. As a result, we’re expanding our team with 2-3 new Marketing Specialists to start in November/December/January.
About the company & position
Nexus Marketing is an online marketing agency focused on helping businesses market their products and services that power social good and create a better world.
We're looking for an Atlanta-based marketer to join our team as a full-time Marketing Specialist.
This position is a great way for recent college graduates to start their careers in digital marketing, as Nexus Marketing provides team members with additional training opportunities and potential to grow within the company.
This individual will be responsible for a variety of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), marketing, and public relations activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, verbal skills, and a desire to learn more about online marketing and SEO.
Nexus Marketing is located in Atlanta with all of our team members located in the metro area. We’re currently working remotely but plan to re-open the office in Spring 2021.
Company website: https://www.nexusmarketing.com/
Tips for applying for this position:
- Resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
What excites you (Responsibilities):
- Learning about online marketing best practices and incorporating them into your daily work.
- Performing SEO research on clients and partners to coordinate mutually-beneficial publishing opportunities.
- Coordinating a network of online publishing relationships on behalf of clients.
- Pitching publishing ideas to partners that make sense for their audience and for our clients.
- Working with a writing team to ensure all publishing responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Performing a high volume of online research about publishing partners in different industries related to the social good space.
- Conducting SEO audits on our client's existing websites to uncover hidden opportunities for improved digital marketing performance.
- Executing and improving a variety of activities designed to generate online links to key pages on client sites.
- Quickly and effectively prioritizing work with the goal of meeting defined deadlines.
What excites us (Qualifications):
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related field.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, top-notch time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
- A proven professional track record (preferably in an office setting).
- Excellent computer skills and an aptitude for learning how to use new software and programs.
- Comfortable managing a high volume of emails, publishing relationships, and tasks.
- Strong academic performance: overall 3.8 GPA minimum
- You love the idea of giving back to the community and nonprofits. Since we work with mission-driven companies our business is focused on helping nonprofits succeed.
- You must be extremely comfortable with change. As a small growing company, decisions can be made over a weekend and fully implemented by early the next week. Whether that's new systems, new processes, or new approaches, we look for individuals who can adapt and thrive.
- You must believe that the best contributors should get better rewards. As a company, we believe in paying people based on the value they generate at the business.
- You must be willing to disagree and commit. As a growing business, there will be lots of decisions that get made and changes that occur during your time at the company. Some of which you'll agree with and some you won't, we strongly believe that the best team members have the ability to disagree and commit (i.e., going with a decision after it has been made regardless of whether or not you agree).
- You must believe the status quo is unacceptable. As a growing company and as individuals, we believe the status quo is unacceptable. Everyone should be relentless in striving to be the best version of themselves and figure out ways to create more value at the company and grow professionally.
Financial compensation includes:
- Base salary of $40,000 per year.
- One-time additional $1,000 payment on your 1st paycheck, dependent upon a start date. If you don’t stay with the company for 2 full years, you’ll need to repay this in full.
- Monthly stipend of $100 for health insurance if you choose not to enroll in the company’s healthcare plan.
- Eligible for bonus based on client and/or company performance. Your bonus range is $0 - $16,000 per year with a target of $8,000.
- You will accrue 20 vacation days and 5 sick days off annually plus 7 company holidays.
- You will accrue 10 life leave days per year. These days may be used during the year, rolled over into next year, or redeemed for their cash value 1x per year.
- 25% of the Bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2021 (target $2,000)
- 75% of the Bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2022 (target $6,000)
- Healthcare benefits (Medical and Vision)
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Matching gift program (1:1 match)
- Individual / Group volunteer grant program
- Fundraising sponsorship for run / walk / rides
- Grants for serving on nonprofit boards
- Weekly team building or learn & learn events