Senior Center Assistant - Roswell
- Degree Level
- High School
Position: Part-Time Senior Center Assistant – Roswell, GA
Position Overview: The Senior Center Assistant works closely with the Senior Center Manager to oversee the operations of the senior center, including, but not limited to: interacting daily with senior participants, working in and cleaning up the kitchen area and serving congregate meals, answering phones, performing data entry for daily and monthly reports, assisting with Meals on Wheels, and assisting the Center Manager with programming and field trips.
Senior Services North Fulton, Inc. is a non-profit agency whose mission is to provide services and support for seniors to enhance their quality of life and independence in our community.. One of our largest programs is our Senior Centers, where independent seniors come during the day to socialize, have lunch and participate in classes in such areas as art, exercise, health education, etc. at no cost to themselves.
The Center Assistant works every day, Monday – Friday for 25-30 hours per week, starting at 8:00am.
1. A clear understanding and ability to communicate the services offered, and the guidelines to attend one of SSNF’s senior centers.
2. Greet participants and answer phones.
3. Assist with light clerical work and data input.
4. Assist with field trips.
5. Prepare pack-out of home delivered meals and communicate as needed with the home delivered meals coordinator.
6. Heat and serve congregate meals. Responsible for kitchen clean-up at the end of day.
7. Conduct tours of facility for potential participants.
8. Assist the Center Manager with programming.
9. Other duties related to the daily operation of the Senior Center, as directed by the Senior Center Manager.
10. Familiar with the goals and policies of Senior Services North Fulton, Inc.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Previous work experience with diverse groups of people, including older adults
- Previous experience in a multi-task work environment
- Good interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to face challenges and be flexible
- An understanding of senior issues; ability to competently meet their needs
- Good physical condition: able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred
- ServeSafe Certification, or ability to pass the exam provided
- First Aid and CPR certification, will be provided
- Must pass background check which includes fingerprint scan
- Must pass Drug Test
Thank you for your interest. Only resumes submitted via email will be considered. Phone calls will disqualify candidates from consideration. Only those that are selected for interview will be contacted.