Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid Associate
- Experience Level
The unique mission of Marist School to form the whole person in the image of Christ is created by blending three distinct traditions: the pursuit of academic excellence, the heritage of Catholic education, and the spirit of the Society of Mary. This mission is advanced through communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs.
The Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid Associate is hired by the CFO and reports to the Controller. This position is responsible for student billing, and enrollment management within the Business Office. This position is also responsible for the administration of financial aid for the Financial Aid office under the direction of the VP of Enrollment and Operations.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position is responsible for the stewardship of Marist School resources through financial oversight of school activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following:
Accounts Receivable duties
- Processing of cash receipts, including preparing deposits and postings
- Monthly and semiannual tuition and financial assistance billings and reconciliations
- Manage and reconcile tuition receivables monthly
- Weekly incidental billings and reconciliations
- Manage collection of outstanding balances, and weekly collection efforts such as phone calls and emails
- Respond to parent questions and inquiries
- Track and reconcile various information related to student enrollment and outstanding balances
- Manage annual student online enrollment process and track student enrollment data
Financial Aid Administration
- Manage financial aid process from application to decision, including aid for student trips
- Manage process for obtaining Georgia GOAL Scholarships; submit necessary requirements for GOAL
- College degree required, Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Ability to efficiently organize, multitask and prioritize duties with attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to interact with parents, students, and employees in a professional manner, exhibiting diplomacy and exercising confidentiality
- Reliable and available in-person for full-time, twelve-month position
- Accounts receivable experience preferred
- Experience in independent school or non-profits desired
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and SmartTuition software preferred, but not required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. The hours for this position are generally 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is a year-round, staff position.
GENERAL SIGN OFF
The employee is expected to adhere to all employer policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to employer policies. The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.