Grants & Outcomes Manager
- Experience Level
Grants & Outcomes Manager
Location: Literacy Action Office, Peachtree Center
Reports To: Development Director
Direct Reports: 1
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $45K+ Benefits
Apply At: email@example.com
The Grants & Outcomes Manager manages the organization’s foundation and government grant efforts - identifying prospects, crafting applications, reporting progress, and tracking overall organization (and project) outcomes. Its primary role stewards the organization’s quantitative and qualitative case for funding working across departments. The Grants & Outcomes Manager will oversee the collection and maintenance of all donor and development information; prepare grant materials for submission, as well as process donations.
This role is also responsible for staying abreast of grant requirements and working with the organization’s controller to prepare budgets in support of private and government grant requests. A successful Grants & Outcomes Manager will have the skills, understanding, and personal confidence to work across all departments to provide the highest quality of work
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the organization.
- Support the Development Director and Executive Director with developing annual fund development strategy.
- Manage the organization’s data management system for all organization donors and donations.
- Manage the grant application process, including submission, tracking, and reporting.
- Attend grant administrator meetings, conferences, and trainings, when offered for upcoming government or private grants.
- Lead organizational outcome oversight and measurement effort, including tracking and reporting.
- Work closely with controller to create funding budgets and reconcile donations.
- Manage all administrative support for the Development Department, including calendar management, donor mailings, and funding requests.
- Support all fundraising events and initiatives.
- Support the Deputy Director, Advancement & Innovation with donor visits, including scheduling meetings, creating donor packets, reviewing and submitting donor giving history, and attending visits, as needed.
- Work closely with the Director of Education, Senior Advisor, Success and Programs, and Program Manager to track and report organizational outcomes.
- Research prospective donors and grantors to find alignment and opportunity for Literacy Action.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or relevant combination of education and experience, required.
- 3+ years of experience in a community facing organization – nonprofit experience highly preferred.
- 2+ years of grant management and development experience, highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing new processes, best practices, and innovation to enhance an organization’s effectiveness and culture.
- 2+ years of mandatory experience with Salesforce, or similar databases
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to LAI’s mission
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven track record for exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; excellent problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent problem solving, strategic-thinking, and project management skills.
- Ability to address the differing needs of multiple people.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to maintain and handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.