- Experience Level
About Midtown Alliance
Midtown Alliance is a nonprofit coalition of business and civic leaders focused on making improvements for a cleaner, safer, more walkable and more interesting neighborhood, where people want to be. We are a mission-driven organization, widely viewed as the driving force behind the revitalization of Midtown and a national model for urban excellence.
Our priorities include urban design; planning and executing transportation enhancements, public parks and plazas, arts and activation; a robust public safety, maintenance and beautification program; and ensuring the active engagement of our stakeholders and the community. Midtown Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors and operates with a full-time office staff of 45. We currently work out of two offices within an easy walk: a street-level space at 6th and Peachtree and an office building suite at 10th and Peachtree.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged millions of dollars of public and private funding to plan, design, and construct improvements in the public realm including parks, sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, street trees and other urban infrastructure. To accomplish our work, we partner with the City of Atlanta and other agencies. The Midtown neighborhood was named to the American Planning Association's list of "Great Places in America," acknowledging the impact of bold design, decisive action and community spirit that have defined Midtown’s success.
The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for creating and sustaining interest in Midtown Atlanta as a place to live, work, create, invest and explore. We’re looking for a talented contributor with an emerging skillset to help us implement our marketing and communications strategy by telling great stories in visual form, and commanding the attention of our audiences in their newsfeeds.
The work is fun and varied, with opportunities to be at the center of the action, from filming video assignments outside to designing interactive projects for our flagship website that is viewed by tens of thousands of people each month. This role works closely with our Story Producer/Editor and also supports some engagement tasks for the Member Engagement team.
Key Responsibilities Fall into Three Areas:
- Work with our team and across all departments to develop and publish compelling, packaged, multimedia news stories about Midtown Alliance programs to advance our message as a community improvement entity, move our audiences to action, and recognize our partners. This means you will:
- Complement the work of the Story Producer/Editor by developing video, photo and data visualization projects in various formats that offer new ways for our audiences to learn about issues in Midtown
- Create a mix of short-form written articles, videos, infographics, visuals and multimedia for publication across Midtown Alliance's communications channels that explain our organization’s work
- Conduct phone, video and in-person interviews as needed
- Execute day to day graphic design and multimedia production efforts, balancing original in-house work for most projects and managing a network of outside freelancers for some special projects. This means you:
- Design marketing literature and standalone graphics that fit within our brand framework for use in digital and traditional communications, from presentations and maps to monthly e-newsletters, signage, reports, destination advertising and other projects.
- Shepherd production for Midtown Alliance marketing and communications pieces, both digital and print.
- Develop special digital projects and alternative story formats, potentially incorporating microsites, custom HTML and interactive features that give our audiences new ways to experience our work
- Coordinate projects with other producers in our network, formulating creative direction and mapping out deliverables, timing and budget for design, video, photo, printed collateral and other assignments.
- Add capacity to our department by taking on special projects and assignments that advance the work of Midtown Alliance and the Midtown Atlanta brand. Your charge in this area will be to:
- Provide internal counsel on branding and campaigns for placemaking, transportation, public improvement projects, member engagement, public safety, operations and other Midtown Alliance programs, and external counsel on media partnerships
- Assist with developing quality content and programming for Midtown Alliance in-person and virtual events
- Work with the membership team to conduct periodic field work to gather information about district amenities, new business openings, and special initiatives
- Oversee digital asset management for all photo, video and graphic deliverables, including storage, editing, meta tagging, access and file optimization
Our Content Producer is a strong communicator with a sharp eye for brand design and a keen understanding of what works in multimedia storytelling. A successful candidate is detail-oriented, comfortable working behind a camera, knows software and systems, and can deftly move between them. A person in this role will succeed if they are extroverted, a good time manager and independent worker, flexible, and enthusiastic about Midtown Atlanta and Midtown Alliance programs and initiatives.
Requirements and Skills:
- 1-2 years experience in PR, advertising, corporate communications, community outreach, destination marketing, media production or related field
- Direct experience executing graphic design, photography and video production to develop stories and multimedia projects for a brand or employer
- Strong competency with a photo and video camera, lighting, audio, storyboarding and a demo reel of past work
- On-the-job experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with HTML and CSS applied to multimedia web projects
- Systems experience with website CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc); e-mail marketing platform (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc); Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A passion for cities and familiarity with Midtown Atlanta
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Midtown Alliance offers exceptional employee benefits, professional development opportunities, the use of a MacBook Pro, and more to create a work environment that is fun and rewarding.
Submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter that explains why this job is the right fit for your career interests
- Link to your online portfolio that shows published work samples for an employer or clients you've worked with
No phone calls please.
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.