- Experience Level
This position works with children and adults who have been victims of physical, mental, or emotional abuse who have been victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; provides individual and group counseling to both adults and children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual and group counseling to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to treatment of each client.
- Perform psychosocial and intake assessments.
- Conduct crisis interventions
- Attend weekly group supervision meetings.
- Attend supervision with Counseling Program Manager, if applicable.
- Document client’s records in a timely manner.
- Provide a monthly report on the demographics and number of hours spent with each client.
- Learn about new developments in the fields of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in both English and Spanish.
- Strong oral communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Strong written communications skills required to maintain quality documentation and effectively market liveSAFE Resources.
- Ability to prioritize all aspects of the job is a key to success.
- Ability to provide group, individual, and family counseling sessions.
- Strong problem solving skills required and must be a common sense thinker who can be a quick decision maker when necessary.
- Must display professionalism and when dealing with other organizations, volunteers, Board Members and staff.
- May be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
MINIMUM CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work and experience in the human service field. Knowledge of working with Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking victims preferred. Experience with teens and/or children preferred. Must have valid driver’s license in State of Georgia and driving record must comply with insurance requirements. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of background, fingerprint, drug and motor vehicle record checks. Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Must be license eligible, LAPC, LPC, LCSW, LMSW
liveSAFE Resources is a membership organization which relies on the generosity of the community’s citizens to support its mission. We highly encourage our employees to support the mission by becoming members of the liveSAFE Resources upon employment. We also are a United Way organization, and employees can support United Way by giving through payroll deduction.
DISCLAIMER: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.