Retail Experience Lead
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Retail Experience Lead
Department: Retail (Badge & Sash)
Hourly Rate: $16.00/Hourly
Reports To: Retail Experience Manager
Status: Non-exempt, Non-Supervisory, Full Time
Location: Mableton, GA
The Retail Experience Lead oversees operations of the assigned Badge & Sash Store. Duties include meeting monthly and annual sales goals, managing store inventory, maintaining a clean and well stocked store, and providing customer service to Girl Scout members. This position is also responsible for managing mobile pop-ups shops in the store geographical area and coordinating/leading badge earning events in store.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive monthly and annual store retail sales by creating an actionable plan and tracking system to achieve sales goals.
- Build relationships with members in service area to schedule mobile pop-up shops at programs, troop meetings, badge earning events, membership events, and being a resource on all-things Girl Scouts.
- Perform store inventory control processes such as shipment receiving, transfer paperwork, back order processing, damage reporting, monthly cycle counts, and store prep for annual physical inventory.
- Partner with Retail Experience Manager to create and implement a seasonal store merchandising plan and maintain planogram layout to ensure store is visually appealing and appropriately stocked.
- Have good working knowledge of Girl Scout program and all products sold in store.
- Reconcile daily, weekly and monthly sales transactions/reports and transmit them to the Retail Experience Manager and Accounting Department as designated.
- Serve as designated store point of contact to report and manage technical service requests with internal and external support vendor(s).
- Make weekly store bank deposits and ensure store has sufficient cash for business operations.
- Operate (open and close) store during designated operating hours.
- Must perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate with at least three years retail experience.
- Prior experience in retail or customer service is required.
- Ability to operate retail systems, including but not limited to the Point of Sale (POS) system, credit card machine(s) and telephone.
- Ability to accurately handle and account for all store tender types (cash, checks, charges, inter-departmental orders, gift cards, gift certificates, etc.).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite required, Point of Sales (POS) system preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly gain credibility and build trust of staff, cross-functional partners, volunteers, and partners.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
- Must be a self-starter and can work without direct supervision.
- Ability to facilitate group trainings and meetings.
- Strong consumer and customer service focus.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with volunteers tactfully while maintaining confidentiality.
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive Council vehicles.
- Preferred knowledge of Girl Scout organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some holidays, nights and weekends.
- 25% percent travel within store geographical area.
Requires the physical mobility to sit, walk or stand for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
*Must successfully complete a criminal, national sex offender search, motor vehicle and credit background check.*