Executive Assistant / Office Manager
- Experience Level
SUPERVISOR, THIRD DISTRICT
San Diego County Board of Supervisors
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Summary: The position serves as an integral part of a dynamic, team-focused organization. Reporting directly to the Supervisor, the EA works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative support duties. The position maintains the Supervisor’s schedule, travel plans and related records; acts as a liaison for the Supervisor with the staff, public, and other Supervisor’s offices; and serves as the office manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow-up action steps on correspondence;
- Provides wide range of correspondence support including: composing and editing letters, emails, and memoranda;
- Manages the schedule for the Supervisor and shares information with staff;
- Briefs the Supervisor on all scheduling activities and requests;
- Responds to all invitations, either by email, written correspondence or personal telephone call;
- Makes reservations for the Supervisor’s air travel, ground transportation and lodging;
- Submits travel and expense reimbursements;
- Ensures the Supervisor is provided with briefing materials for each event by coordinating with event participants and the appropriate staff;
- Monitors Supervisor’s tasks and adjusts working time accordingly;
- Maintains Supervisor’s files including notes, correspondence and all information relating to travel;
- Organizes documentation and materials for the Supervisor’s annual financial disclosure reports;
- Manages office supplies, payroll and petty cash;
- Acts as a liaison for constituents and other individuals when they visit the Supervisor;
- Acts as a liaison between the Supervisor and other Supervisors staff, county staff and other government agencies to arrange for the Supervisor’s attendance at meetings or to coordinate travel plans;
- Works well under pressure and handles stress;
- Maintain hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM in addition to working a flexible schedule, as needed.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Experience using Microsoft and Google Office Suite;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to prioritization of and recommendations on appointments;
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner;
- Thorough knowledge of office administration, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in applied business with an executive secretary major is preferred, with at least seven years of experience working as an Executive Assistant. Government or elected official experience preferred but not required. Bilingual preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, Transit Pass Voucher, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Qualified Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by completing an application form linked here: https://tinyurl.com/y3uyf7wx