Communications Associate / Art Director
- Experience Level
TERRA LAWSON-REMER SUPERVISOR,
San Diego County Board of Supervisors
Job Title: Communications Associate / Art Director
Summary: Seeking a Communications Associate or aspiring Art Director to produce and disseminate compelling creative content to communicate with the public regarding the Supervisor’s initiatives. Position will also be responsible for managing the Supervisor’s relationship with traditional print, television, and radio media, including managing press interviews and organizing media events. A strong background in photography, videography, graphic design, writing on deadline, and copywriting is required. This position is responsible for disseminating creative content across multiple platforms.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in digital media strategy, including: developing and disseminating organic content across multiple channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube).
- Experience managing traditional media relationships and events, including TV, radio, and print journalism.
- Strong technical skills for producing graphic content, including photos, videos, social media posts, etc..
- Strong technical skills for producing written copy, including speeches, talking points, social media posts, emails, and scripts.
- Excellent instincts for managing the public conversation, identifying and driving the right key messages, and controlling/setting the public narrative.
- Creativity and adaptability to leverage new opportunities and platforms for communications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Producing tweets, FB posts, instagram posts, videos, and other organic social media content -- including both visual content (photo and video) and written copy.
- Producing emails to voters, supporters, and constituents.
- Drafting speeches and talking points for the Supervisor.
- Drafting and disseminating press releases; coordinating press events.
- Building relationships and communicating with the media, setting-up interviews, and proactively identifying media opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, Transit Pass Voucher, Vacation and Sick Leave.
Qualified Applicants should submit their cover letter, portfolio, and resume by submitting an application form linked here: https://tinyurl.com/y3uyf7wx