Volunteer Community Outreach Coordinator
- Experience Level
Impact Communities! Expand your Network!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies ("RBB") mission is to educate and empower girls ages 4-21 by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their own potential to be confident, self-sufficient, unique, determined, and powerful in their lives as well as in their communities, while encouraging sisterhood. We are committed to inspiring and challenging girls to pursue academic excellence, leadership, and personal growth and development, while defining a vision for how they will make positive contributions to their future endeavors and communities.
Description: In our work with girls, RBB aim is nothing less than empowerment. RBB defines an empowered girl as someone who knows her strengths and capabilities, isn’t afraid to embrace them, an active learner in school, a confident actor in her family and community, and ready to take on her biggest dreams. She believes in herself, knows her possibilities are endless, and lives in a community where she is treated equally, where parents, peers, and role models supports her growth and her goals. Our programs are designed to not only provide girls with life and social skills, but a chance to learn valuable knowledge, develop strategies for overcoming challenges, to know their strengths and weaknesses, a factor that empowers them to break out of their comfort zone, learn the confidence to ask for help and improve their performance and maximize their potential, a combination that enables them to become the person that they wish to be. Our program’s focus areas include:
- Life & Social Skills Training
- Etiquette Training
- Academic Success and Career Development
- Business & Leadership Development
- Body Image
- Esteem & Confidence
- Bully Prevention & Friendship
Responsibilities will include:
- Help Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies identify potential partners and develop mutually beneficial relationships to alleviate poverty.
- Advocates for the organization and its purpose in the community.
- Establish positive relationships with members of the community and book speaking engagements that promote volunteerism and build a talent pool of volunteers.
- Create individually designed volunteer projects for Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies that target specific needs within the community that the organization wishes to impact.
- Coordinate and establish site visits with partner nonprofit agencies who have agreed to host a service project.
- Maintain accurate data and prepare reports detailing relevant volunteer metrics.
- Updating and revising the Volunteer department’s strategic plan so that it remains in line with the organization’s goals.
- Attend local collaborative meetings and other meetings to promote awareness of Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies.
- Develop and acquire marketing materials to further promote Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies (brochures, giveaways).
- Maintain relationships with local media and submit press releases for fundraising events or major events at agency.
- Manage all Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies (Volunteer Month, Days of Caring, holiday volunteer and donation needs), to include the promotion of events, management of project lists, facilitating volunteer connections, and program follow-up.
- Design, build, and implement a fundraising plan that incorporates a wide variety of fundraising vehicles (i.e., special events, grants, sponsorships, individual gifts, planned gifts, online appeals, website & newsletters and e-newsletters) targeting all types of donors, including individuals, community organizations, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Act as the steward for all Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies designated funds.
- Maintain statistics for use in grants and to share with public the impact Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies has on helping girls.
- Enthusiastic about Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies mission and programs
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Raising BeYOUtiful Butterflies services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
- Work well both individually and with others
- Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
- Exceptionally strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations
- Maintains a friendly and helpful disposition and willingness to respond to volunteer needs as they arise
- Be a self-motivated team member able to complete tasks with little supervision
This is an excellent volunteer opportunity for anyone interested in contributing to a cause while developing leadership skills, gaining board member experience, and building relationships.